Ok here is my question:

I am trying to figure out how to enable my 8300 to automatically black out the screen and lock the keypads out after 15 seconds or so of inactivity. I then want to be able to unlock the keyboard without having to enter in a password. Essentially, I want the exact same function as the "holster lock" only without the holster. Instead of the holster's magnet locking the keys, I would like the keys to lock after a small amount of inactive time. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this. I do not want to have to set up a password to enter every time and I don't want to manually lock the keys before putting it into my pocket every time.

This is a major downside to an otherwise amazing phone. I'm coming from a Treo 650 and love everything about this phone except for the fact that it has been so difficult to set this feature up. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!
    Eric
    11-29-07 02:26 PM
    I use a program called AutoLock. It's free and does what you described. Works fine on my Curve.

I can not post URLs yet as I'm too new, so I have to whack this out a little bit.

www dot geekandproud dot net slash blackberry-software
    11-29-07 05:33 PM
    I assigned the left hotkey under usb jack to lock

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-07 05:55 PM
    I was using the let hotkey thing or holding mute to put it into standby mode, but that autolock program is sweet, I'm gonna be using that now.
    11-29-07 06:56 PM
    went to geel and proud, got file and could not open it.
    help
    09-03-08 04:00 AM
    went to geel and proud, got file and could not open it.
    help
    geek and proud - BlackBerry Software

It is the first app listed
    09-03-08 04:08 AM
    tried again and keep getting application not found
    09-03-08 04:24 AM
    tried again and keep getting application not found
    That is very odd because I just went there and it worked fine

09-03-08 04:34 AM
    U have to use the BB internet browser. I had the same problem, w/ opera, it was saying that there was an internal problem and i should refresh the page. So I tried the BB browser and presso, it works

Hope this helps

09-10-08 04:54 AM
    Ps.(Once installed)It's located in the "options" menu list, right under "Auto on/off" tab.

09-10-08 04:57 AM
    You can also just depress the Mute button (top left edge of phone) for about 3 seconds and your phone will darken and keys will be off. When you are ready to use it again a quick touch of the button fires it all up again. Quick, easy, no software taking up space. It may be all you need!
    09-10-08 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD