Hello all-
    Is it possible to set up different notifications when receiving SMS? My husband is on call 24/7 and receives messages via SMS from his work when he has a job (he's a locksmith.) He only wants to hear the notification when he gets a text message from work and not his dumb@ss friends that want to hang out at 2:30am. I suppose that he could make a custom profile that will only make a noise if an SMS is received but still the SMS from his friends will come thru...

He has an 8320 Curve on Tmobile with 4.5 OS.

Many thanks!
    Last edited by abnorml1; 12-01-09 at 06:55 AM.
    12-01-09 06:42 AM
    Not that it helps much but on a 5.0 device i know you can have a seperate tone for SMS per contact. It allows you to setup all the notifications (LED, Vibrate, even volume.) just for that contact.

I'm not sure about 4.5 stuff since i never got to use it much but just thought you should know incase you can't find an option on 4.5!
    12-01-09 07:26 AM
    Not that it helps much but on a 5.0 device i know you can have a seperate tone for SMS per contact. It allows you to setup all the notifications (LED, Vibrate, even volume.) just for that contact.

I'm not sure about 4.5 stuff since i never got to use it much but just thought you should know incase you can't find an option on 4.5!
    Is 5.0 OS available on a Curve?
    12-01-09 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD