Hiya all,

I am new to blackberry. I have search about this subject but unable to find the thread.

My blackberry curve recently made this problem .

Each morning it automatically erase incoming text messages. However, the strange this is that 2 or 3 messages are not erased . I could not work out why other messages were being erased the some weren't.

Can anyone in this forum help please?

Any input is very much appreciated!

Have a nice day all!
    Josh
    11-05-09 09:04 PM
    If you haven't pulled the battery recently, I'd try that. Sometimes, weird behavior occurs when the BB runs out of memory, which can occur if too many apps are left running.
    11-05-09 09:56 PM
    I did and still do pull out the batter most mornings. Now, because of the problem, i do that more often but sometimes - it does not help!
    I am help less. By the time I write this rpely - my bBB curve is erasing the text messages in my inbox.

Can someone help me out please?

Many thanks,
    Josh
    11-07-09 07:27 AM
    Take a look and see how much free memory you have AFTER a battery pull. That might be a clue to your issue.
    11-07-09 07:36 AM
    Hi drknobs,

Many thanks for your repsonse - I wonder how to check the free memory and how to set the memory space allocation (is there such functions)?

Again thanks for all the inputs!
    Josh
    11-07-09 07:59 AM
    To check free memory, go to Options>Status or Options>Memory

No way to set mem space allocation. Just try to keep free mem above 10 or 12mb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 08:04 AM
    To check memory. You can also hold alt. And press--- eace. Or. 2*92

11-07-09 08:19 AM
    Hi Joey and drknobs,

I checked: options then status, there is no free memory but instead this information: free file:2976339 Bytes. Is this what it means by Free Memory?
    Please help.

Thanks all!
    Josh

To check memory. You can also hold alt. And press--- eace. Or. 2*92

11-07-09 11:35 PM
    That's correct, but your file free is waaay too low. You don't want it to drop below 10 or 12mb. Try doing a battery pull, then check it again. If that doesn't free things up enough, delete your emails and texts, and reset the number of days they're to be kept. I have mine set to delete anything older than 15 days.
    11-07-09 11:44 PM
    Great. I started to delet few stuff and got free files of: 7062315 Bytes. Now, is there a way to increase the memoery? I installed 2GB memory card - will this help?

11-08-09 12:25 AM
    Great. I started to delet few stuff and got free files of: 7062315 Bytes. Now, is there a way to increase the memoery? I installed 2GB memory card - will this help?

It will if you move things like music files and photos over to it. You should also set your camera to save pictures to the memory card instead of the device (phone) memory. If you have custom ringtones you've added to the phone, move them to the card too.
    11-08-09 06:22 AM
    To check free memory, go to Options>Status or Options>Memory

No way to set mem space allocation. Just try to keep free mem above 10 or 12mb

I agree that 2 MB is low, but I have a lot of apps installed and I have been running at 5-7 MB for a year now with no problems.
    11-09-09 10:03 AM
    I agree that 2 MB is low, but I have a lot of apps installed and I have been running at 5-7 MB for a year now with no problems.
    Yeah, me too, but it might depend on the OS. I have Salesforce Mobile (a contact and account management system) on my device for work and it caches a local database that takes up tons of space. Since it's a work phone, our IT policy requires me to use only published vendor-specific OS versions. On OS 4.3 I had problems below 12 MB, but after I upgraded to OS 4.5.077 (Verizon's latest at the time and still using it), I set the minimum device memory to 5 MB and consistently run 7-9 MB without any problems whatsoever. I know people will freak out at that level, as the conventional wisdom says "12 MB or higher". YMMV.
    11-09-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD