Ok, i'm trying to load the new OS into my 8310. I tried to download version 4.3 for Desktop manager but I keep getting this message: desktop_software_v4.3_(Multilanguage).exe is not a valid Win32 application. What exactly am I doing wrong? It's like the BB Gods are conspiring against me or something. Do I really NEED V4.3 to download the newest OS for Blackberry? Please help!
    03-14-08 01:43 PM
    Have you tried updating the OS without updating DM at the same time?
    03-14-08 01:52 PM
    Have you tried updating the OS without updating DM at the same time?
    Nope. Wasn't sure if I could.
    03-14-08 02:53 PM
    Give it a try.
    03-14-08 02:54 PM
    I've heard from several people that DM 4.3 is 'buggy'. You don't need DM 4.3 to upgrade your OS. DM 4.2.2 should work fine.
    03-14-08 03:16 PM
    I tried downloading the desktop manager version 4.3 with the same results. I did not update my Blackberry's OS but I just wanted the most up to date desktop manager for my computer. The first time I downloaded it I noticed that it did not download the whole entire file even though it said download complete. I then turned off my firewall and virus protection temporarily and was able to download the entire software without any problems. If you try this don't forget to turn your virus protection and stuff back on

P.S. to tell if it did not download entirely just right click the file you downloaded and go to properties. File size should be around 331MB. Note:I am using a PC
    Last edited by voxana; 03-14-08 at 05:12 PM.
    03-14-08 05:08 PM
    One of the things I've learned over time is that newer is not always better. Also, if it sn't broke, why fix it? In other words, if the software does it's job, why would you update it.
    03-14-08 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD