I'm quite possibly just..real dumb.
    And I'm finally giving in..ready to actually mess with my blackberry's OS and all that fun stuff.
    So after browsing..reading..prepping. Getting ready to download 4.5, I went through my computer to find..there's no Apploader folder..?

I got up to the installation step where you're to go here
    C:/ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Apploade r

And..that doesn't exist on my computer
    I don't even have a common files section. I had to get to the RIM folder differently..but once in the folder there's nothing about an apploader.

And I know deleting the vendor.xml is crucial

So..I'm imagining I'm just missing a very big piece. And I'd appreciate the help if anyone could tell me why perhaps that folder isn't in there..or if there's another way to get to the file I need to delete. Blah.
    05-10-09 12:35 AM
    It sounds as if though you haven't installed the OS to your PC.
    05-10-09 12:48 AM
    ^agreed^
    If I read your post correctly, you have not downloaded and installed the device software yet. I would suggest re-reading the upgrade instructions. Which instructions are you using by the way? You need to download and install Desktop Manager 4.5 or higher (I prefer v. 4.6), then download and install the proper 4.5 device software. After you've done that you will find C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Apploader

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 01:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD