I'm trying to re-download YouMail Visual Voicemail Plus and I continuously get the application permissions pop ups. Normally I just hit allow but I previously had this installed and it worked great, now its not working so I removed and reinstalled and I'm getting Communication Errors try again later. Sooo, I'm wondering if there is a trick to responding to these pop ups correctly??? Since I am technically naive, does anyone mind telling me what these mean? What are they asking when they want to know if I want to allow the application YouMail Visusal Voicemail Plus to act as a server? Lastly, below these questions, there is always a checkbox with something like "do not ask for sms" etc.... again not sure what this means, should I check or shouldn't I? Thanks for the help!!! FYI, I do have strict security rules put in place by corp IT. I am connected to the BES.
    03-28-09 09:48 PM
    This may help. It in the Storm section but still settings will still be the same and apply.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/you...g-work-183238/

A> If you want to get the YouMail VVM client working, you may need to set its permissions so that the OS allows it to do what it needs to do: You can do this by the following:

1> BB Options, Advanced Options, Applications, then scroll down to the YouMail application and hit the BB Button.

2> Select Edit Permissions. From there, you can select Allow for all 3 options (this will let the app have free reign over various aspects of your BB).

3> Hit the BB Button and Save.

That should get the YouMail client working for you.

B> If you want to download Joe Krills YouMail Client (Free - and my preference):

1> Download the app from Joe Krill's website. Go to the following link on your BB Browser: http://www.joekrill.com/vymail/ota/.

2> Follow the instructions for the installation.

3> Open the VyMail App and enter your phone number and YouMail PIN: BB Button, Options.

4> Simple - you're all ready to go! Enjoy!
    03-29-09 11:19 AM
    Thanks Brother! Couldn't get the VVM to work so went with VYMail and its working no probelm.

Just curious, I get the application permission pop ups when the app is working. The check boxes at the bottom say, "Do not ask for blah blah blah. Is that short for Do not ask again??? Thanks again for your help.
    03-31-09 05:27 PM
    Yes it is.
    03-31-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD