It's erasing applications now.
    So this will update it completely?
    Anything necessary after this is over?
    Why does that Error happen, do you know?
    Hah, sorry, 20 questions.
    The procedure you have started will completely erase your phone (already done by loader.bat) and will then prpceed to install the new OS. It will ask some questions later on but they are just choices as to which things you want to install. Do not install the BlackBerry Sample Video. Do install the BlackBerry Attachment Manager. IF you want Brickbreaker, IM, Notepad, Tasks then go ahaead.

You are now in a position where you will be able to add or remove modules as will once this long and boring process is over.

THe new OS will wake up with its radio switched off so you have to switch that back on before it can find the network again.

AG is out. He just PM'd me. He has a tummy bug. Nuttin' serious, just needs TLC from Mrs. AG I expect.

I am in Europe as you probably know and it is 11PM here. I will be here for about another hour - unless I can't sleep (fairly regular occurence).
    06-25-08 03:59 PM
    I saw in another thread you have to resend the service books after you put on a new OS.
    I can't do that.
    I registered on my device.
    So what happends to my BB email?

Eek! I hope all this is done before you have to go.
    06-25-08 04:04 PM
    I'll be around for a while here, I'll keep an eye on this thread if Miss needs anything. (anything I can handle that is).
    06-25-08 04:05 PM
    Tag team BB repair... lol
    06-25-08 04:06 PM
    Tag team BB repair... lol
    Hah. I really, really, really appreciate it!!!
    I'd be so screwed without my BB.
    I use it for my job and it's the only phone I own to keep in touch with my family.
    06-25-08 04:09 PM
    I saw in another thread you have to resend the service books after you put on a new OS.
    I can't do that.
    I registered on my device.
    So what happends to my BB email?

Eek! I hope all this is done before you have to go.
    I have never had to resend service books once I loaded a new OS. Could be, but I don't think so.

Good luck Miss.Horrible. There are always plenty of folks online to help you.
    06-25-08 04:09 PM
    Know what happends to my email?
    I assume I have to restore the BB after this is done?
    06-25-08 04:11 PM
    I will not leave until this is done.

If you need to send your service books (not always necessary) it can be done either from the phone buy using the Mobile Email Settings icon or by going to AT&T BIS site here https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular.

You should have a Username and Password. If you can't remeber them then you'll need to call AT&T.
    06-25-08 04:11 PM
    If you can't log in to resend, you can call your carrier and they will resend the Service Books for you.
    06-25-08 04:12 PM
    If you can't log in to resend, you can call your carrier and they will resend the Service Books for you.
    Evenin' Chaz.
    06-25-08 04:14 PM
    Yeah, I've never been able to log on to that site.
    It's done updating.
    The screen just has the hourglass on it right now...
    It's probably been like that for almost ten minutes..
    06-25-08 04:16 PM
    Hello Pete...

Just be patient Miss. It'll boot up.
    06-25-08 04:17 PM
    Just got done loading.
    And I turned on the radio so I have service.
    Now what?
    There hasn't been any questons like Pete said.
    Should I restore it now?
    06-25-08 04:20 PM
    Yeah, waiting for a system to reboot is like waiting for a tea kettle to boil...it seems to take forever. Just don't unplug it or anything.

Patience was never a virtue of mine!!
    06-25-08 04:20 PM
    Chaz, as usual, has the answer. Call 'em and get them to re-send the service books. It may not be neccessary. Emails may just start automatically.

You should, at some point, talk to them to obtain a Username/Password. I too initially did this from my phone - I had no idea what I was doing, then. Later I called my carrier and they made me a Username/password.
    06-25-08 04:21 PM
    So no restoring?
    That wouldn't give me back the email?
    Who am I calling? The At&t store?
    I will find out about getting a username and password.
    But at this time, is there another way to check without calling them?
    Like sending myself an email or something? If not, I'll call.

Grrr...I like my BB, but sometimes this device is too fickle...and tedious.
    06-25-08 04:24 PM
    I was trying to look back through the thread to see exactly what stage you're at, and what methods were used, but you should be good to go. Try this - go to Options> Advanced Options> Host Routing Table> scroll to the Bold entry> hit Menu> Register Now.

Then wait for a confirmation email.

After what Pete said below. Sorry - thought you were past that. too many cooks in the kitchen.
    Last edited by Chaz; 06-25-08 at 04:35 PM.
    06-25-08 04:32 PM
    Sorry, was watching the TV news. Yes, try the Restore now. It should work fine. If it does not, then do a sync.
    06-25-08 04:33 PM
    I was trying to look back through the thread to see exactly what stage you're at, and what methods were used, but you should be good to go. Try this - go to Options> Advanced Options> Host Routing Table> scroll to the Bold entry> hit Menu> Register Now.

Then wait for a confirmation email.
    I got an email after I switched the radio on saying "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network."

When I go to Advanced Options> Host Routing Table> The Bold and then hit menu the option to register isn't there. So I assume it did it automatically?

Ok, I'm going to restore it now.
    06-25-08 04:37 PM
    Congratulations you now have a phone again and it will send/receive emails.
    06-25-08 04:41 PM
    I'm doing the restore now, and it's staying at "Sending MMS Options" with no loading...

Is this typical?
    06-25-08 04:46 PM
    The Restore may 'stick' a bit but it should either finish or give an error message.

Since you synced as well as doing a Backup, if the Restore fails, you can still preserve your Address Book and Calendar with a sync.
    06-25-08 04:51 PM
    Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear.

It finished restoring.
    But theres tons of stuff missing!
    The memopad, brickbreaker, BBM, and the Browser!!!
    WTF?!

Oh dear..Oh dear...Oh dear...

06-25-08 04:56 PM
    What is missing? the data? just the icons?
    06-25-08 05:00 PM
    How do I find out if the data is missing? The icons aren't there.
    06-25-08 05:02 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD