What does this mean? Its on my screen???? I was updating my curve 8310 to .194, then in the middle of loading the new OS this error popped up on my screen...
    Last edited by gs warrior 88; 05-20-08 at 11:02 PM.
    05-20-08 11:00 PM
    No offense, but you should know by now that there is a ton of information on here and that searching can usually bring you an answer.

Point and drool; 54 results: http://forums.crackberry.com/search....archid=2516567
    05-20-08 11:14 PM
    As you can see, this is a common error so don't feel bad about getting it.

Chose from one of those links in Sunkast's search and you should be fine.

Also if you would prefer to get your answers sooner, you can use the search located above, on the toolbar below the topic title.
    05-20-08 11:21 PM
    Sorry this isn't exactly the person who's account this is. This is actually gs warrior 88 younger sister, and I never used this site before. He jusy gave me his loggin info, cuz I am so scared me bb is broken. I apologze again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 11:37 PM
    Oh btw. Thanks for the help.

05-20-08 11:41 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry gs_warrior_88's younger sister.

Maybe you should think about getting your own handle in here. This would stop confusion. I any case, you are welcome here now.

Are you still having trouble? Here is your error.

523 - System process died: A critical Java process has terminated, and the device cannot continue to operate in a normal manner.

To corect this you need to start over and to do this you need to read this http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

COme back and ask any questions you want but perhaps as you, not him .
    05-21-08 01:42 AM
    Sorry this isn't exactly the person who's account this is. This is actually gs warrior 88 younger sister, and I never used this site before. He jusy gave me his loggin info, cuz I am so scared me bb is broken. I apologze again.

so are you going to be gs lady warrior 89 then?
    05-21-08 02:40 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry gs_warrior_88's younger sister.

Maybe you should think about getting your own handle in here. This would stop confusion. I any case, you are welcome here now.

Are you still having trouble? Here is your error.

523 - System process died: A critical Java process has terminated, and the device cannot continue to operate in a normal manner.

To corect this you need to start over and to do this you need to read this http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

COme back and ask any questions you want but perhaps as you, not him .
    this is younger sis again, i am using his laptop (he is going to be pissed!!!)Everything is working fine now...but when it was recovered i lost everything, my bb was like straight out of the box brand new, which is fine. I had to delete and reinstall .194 and the desktop manager thingy. then it worked fine. thanks guys for all the help. my bro is going to be so mad when he reads this post, oh well! and as for gs lady warrior 88, nooo way that sounds too much like i am his gf, yuk!!
    05-21-08 04:22 AM
    Really glad that it works.

Sorry you lost your stuff but you shoulda done a Backup first. We've all done it but it sure stings when it happens.

If you are gonna mess with your fone then u really should get your own handle in here. You will be welcome here and you may even get to give you bro some advise when you get real good.
    Last edited by Pete6; 05-21-08 at 06:35 AM.
    05-21-08 06:32 AM
    My sister is sooo dumb! she totally freeked out when her phone got the error. I guess she was trying to update it to .194. Then she called me from the house phone asking for my loggin info. She didnt have the patience to register and search herself. lil sister what do u do with 'em? Sorry guys for the inconvenience.
    05-21-08 01:49 PM
    The 83XX Blackberrys are apparently JUNK.

I got this error last week, complete reinstall.

Then again, yesterday afternoon.

..and just now.

My old BB never did this. I have no idea why everyone seems to think this is acceptable?!? This isn't just a &*$^* toy, this is a business device. What a joke.
    05-21-08 04:54 PM
    My sister is sooo dumb! she totally freeked out when her phone got the error. I guess she was trying to update it to .194. Then she called me from the house phone asking for my loggin info. She didnt have the patience to register and search herself. lil sister what do u do with 'em? Sorry guys for the inconvenience.
    Hey, she way cool. Little misunderstanding to begin with but that worked out cool too. Her phone broke and she fixed it by herself.

Get her own login man. lil sis is ok by me, just as you are.
    05-21-08 05:04 PM
    The 83XX Blackberrys are apparently JUNK.

I got this error last week, complete reinstall.

Then again, yesterday afternoon.

..and just now.

My old BB never did this. I have no idea why everyone seems to think this is acceptable?!? This isn't just a &*$^* toy, this is a business device. What a joke.
    if my lil sister can fix this then its not that big of a problem. wht r u doing wrong???
    05-21-08 05:12 PM
    Hey, she way cool. Little misunderstanding to begin with but that worked out cool too. Her phone broke and she fixed it by herself.

Get her own login man. lil sis is ok by me, just as you are.
    Yea, i am pretty impressed that she fixed it on her own, she gets all paranoid and scared when her phone acts up like that. u know teenage girls and their phones, its like their life.
    But thanks guys for taking care of her situation. I knew u guys could help her, and i told her not to be mean. She called me and said "my phone is broken" so immediately said go to CB NOW and tell them your problem in the forums.
    thanks again guys.
    oh btw i am going to sign her up to CB!!
    05-21-08 05:16 PM
    if my lil sister can fix this then its not that big of a problem. wht r u doing wrong???
    I know how to fix it. I've done it five times now.

What I did wrong, was choose an unreliable smartphone. This should not happen AT ALL in a device marketed as a business tool. My 7310 never self-destructed into a brick. There is absolutely no excuse for a PHONE to become completely inoperable, period.

And no, I had no additional software installed, since the SECOND time I lost a day's worth of data on this brick. It's not reasonable to expect someone to back up the thing every hour to be sure no data is lost when it decides to crash like this.
    05-22-08 08:22 AM

What I did wrong, was choose an unreliable smartphone. This should not happen AT ALL in a device marketed as a business tool. My 7310 never self-destructed into a brick. There is absolutely no excuse for a PHONE to become completely inoperable, period.

And no, I had no additional software installed, since the SECOND time I lost a day's worth of data on this brick. It's not reasonable to expect someone to back up the thing every hour to be sure no data is lost when it decides to crash like this.
    So why haven't you asked for a warranty exchange yet? Wouldn't it be more logical to ask for a new phone, than to keep fixing it?
    05-22-08 09:26 AM

... It's not reasonable to expect someone to back up the thing every hour to be sure no data is lost when it decides to crash like this.
    You have fixed the problem, only to see it return regularly.

This error indicates a corrupt OS, nothing to do with the actual device.

I would advise replacing the copy of the Device OS you are working with. The best starting place is your carriers original OS package. That was extensively tested on your device and should work correctly.

If you have installed a later subversion, remove it with Windows Control Panel and install the correct version.

Good luck, It really is a very reliable device.
    05-22-08 09:51 AM
    I've tried this link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

And it doesn't work for me :\
    06-26-08 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD