So, it used to be that when I typed something like "youre" or "its," my phone would automatically change it to "you're" or "it's." It would automatically put the apostrophe in for me. Now, not only does it not do that for me anymore, but now every time I type an s and then hit space, it puts an apostrophe after the s for some reason. So, I end up with things like:

s'
    there's'
    where's'

You get it. If the word ends with s and I hit the space bar, it automatically puts an apostrophe after the s. I don't know what's going on. Help??
    04-10-10 11:39 AM
    Either your autotext entries have gotten screwed up, or you just need to reboot. Reboot first and see if that fixes the problem. With the phone on, take the battery out for a few seconds, then put it back. When it finishes rebooting, see if the problem persists.
    04-10-10 01:28 PM
    Hi,
    I'm having the exact same issue. I have a 9900 Bold.
    If I type in "wheres the", it won't change it to "where's the".
    But if I type in "where's the" it changes it to "where's'the".
    Please can someone assist?

Rebooting has not helped. It's been like this since I got the phone 2 months ago.

Thank you
    Sue
    02-23-12 12:11 PM
    It sounds like your Word Substitution table has an error in it. Go to Options / Typing and Input / Word Substitution and scroll thru the words until you find "wheres." If you don't see "wheres (where's) SmartCase," then click on the entry and fix it.
    02-23-12 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD