I have a 8320 with T-Mobile and recently started having issues with Opera Mini and BBWeather. At one time, both applications worked and here recently, neither of them do. I have my APN settings as: "wap.voicestream.com" with the username and password blank. Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-07 12:21 PM
    Try to resend Service Books...
    11-25-07 12:58 PM
    Thanks for the response. I am not sure I know how to do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-07 10:58 AM
    I found where a hard reboot is supposed to resend the service books and i tried that but to no avail.
    11-26-07 11:50 AM
    Anyone? This is kinda annoying because i can't use BBweather either.
    11-28-07 09:12 AM
    log into your "My T-mobile" account and on the main page that shows your balance and everything, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on where it says "Set up Blackberry Internet Email." Once inside there, click on the tab that says "Service Books" this will send you a new set of service books. I hope this works for you. Good luck!
    11-28-07 09:58 AM
    Thanks! But that didn't fix my problem.

I thought maybe it was a problem with Opera Mini so i uninstalled it, re-installed it, and now it gets stuck during the setup and goes to the "Failed to connect to the Internet" screen.

Also, when i try to use BBWeather, it says "Error: Malformed Address. Returning null connection"

Thoughts?
    11-28-07 04:10 PM
    Has no one else had this issue? I would really like to get this resolved.
    12-01-07 10:09 PM
    I have the same issue...haven't found a solution
    12-03-07 12:42 AM
    log into your "My T-mobile" account and on the main page that shows your balance and everything, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on where it says "Set up Blackberry Internet Email." Once inside there, click on the tab that says "Service Books" this will send you a new set of service books. I hope this works for you. Good luck!
    if the above doesnt work try OPTIONS-- ADVANCE OPTIONS--HOST ROUTING TABLE--HRT EDITOR-- CLICK MENU-- HIGHLIGHT REGISTER NOW. Hope this help
    12-03-07 05:25 PM
    I tried the above and still no workie.

It just doesn't make sense because EVERYTHING else on my phone works. Email, the normal BBbrowser, etc. I can even use my curve as a modem on my laptop using the wap.voicestream.com apn settings and it works. But for some reason, Opera and BBWeather will not connect.
    12-05-07 09:35 AM
    OK. So i thought i would give BBSmart Email Viewer a try and it doesn't work either.

I know my apn settings are correct: wap.voicestream.com. Is there some way TMO could have locked me out from using the above apn to connect applications to the internet?
    12-07-07 09:25 AM
    I am having the same trouble with t-mobile.
    APN is Wap.voicestream.com, and TLS is set to handheld.

Gmail works.
    Google maps mobile works.
    Google Talk works
    Google Search works (launches blackberry browser)
    Browser Works.
    Yahoo messenger and IZ messenger work.
    Sending High score on Brick breaker works,

Operamini will not finish install with connection problem.
    Gcalsync dies on https test.
    midpssh will not connect.
    logicmail will not connect.
    BBweather will not connect.

Tethering to laptop works kinda. I have no internet access but I can get to t-zones (check minutes etc.)on laptop after enabling proxy of 206.155.165.50 : 8080 otherwise nada.

Hope this helps.
    12-07-07 10:18 AM
    Also I have tried APNs
    internet2.voicestream.com
    internet3.voicestream.com
    blackberry.net

and even tried using 216.155.165.50 and APN.

I have tried all of these APNs with and without my phone number as UN and my tmobile website password as PW

Nothing changes in the error messages unless I remove my APN settings and then the errors revert to unable to open port.
    12-07-07 10:25 AM
    Have you guys tried just loading a new OS? Could be something wrong with the OS itself. Am on t-mobile and My Mini works.

Good Luck
    12-07-07 11:53 AM
    Actually...i did load v4.2.2.180 not too long ago. I can't remember if my problems were before or after loading it though. Is there an easy way to downgrade to the older OS?

BTW....I can tether my phone to my laptop and connect to the internet with no probs. With the exception that i have to hit "redial" every 10-15 minutes.
    12-07-07 03:46 PM
    Is there an easy way to downgrade my OS? Am i supposed to used the Desktop Manager to handle this?
    12-09-07 10:38 AM
    Does anyone have TMO with OS v4.2.2.180 and Opera mini working?
    12-10-07 03:13 PM
    It just hit me....i am using SimulSay visual voicemail as well. Is there any way this could screw with my apn settings?
    12-13-07 10:29 AM
    Does anyone have TMO with OS v4.2.2.180 and Opera mini working?
    I'm running v2.2

Change your APN settings under TCP to wap.voicestream.com and then use your browser to dowload opera mini, then click on the program and it installed flawlessly. So far all other internet features work just fine, as well as the email and push features. I will post back here if I have any problems running it.
    12-13-07 11:04 AM
    I have already tried that but it still doesn't work.
    12-13-07 11:32 AM
    Looks like wiping the handheld did the trick! I now have OS v4.2.2.180 and everything works! Opera Mini is the only one i have tried so far. I will check back in when i check BBWeather and BBSmart Email Viewer, etc.
    12-14-07 11:21 AM
    BBSmart also works. I decided not to re-install BBWeather but everything works now.

Thanks for those that helped!
    12-14-07 03:35 PM
    Opera mini just will not work on my 8310.
    Tried every APN setting under the sun. Tried Vodafone settings with and without password and username. Still no joy. Tried battery pull, no joy. Reinstalled DTmanager and OS is the latest - no luck. All I get is "Failed to connect to the Internet. Contact service provider for internet settings". Done this - still doesn't work. Have read that other 8310 users are running Opera mini successfully. Wish I knew how!
    01-02-08 05:29 AM
    My Opera Mini Works

Search the forums for other Opera Mini Problems.

I have T-Mobile and have done everything that people have suggested on this forum. Everyone was very helpful, but my Opera Mini still won't work.

GO TO OPERAMINI.COM

SELECT HELP TAB
    SELECT CONNECTION
    SELECT SETTINGS PAGE

Then follow the instructions. I did this and Opera Mini works great.
    01-02-08 10:21 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD