Hi -
    My boss' wife uses a BB Curve from Verizon & has her AOL account setup on the device. When she deletes an email from AOL on her laptop, it does not delete on the Curve, or vice versa.

Is there a way to reconcile email deletions from AOL & the Curve?
    Some setting with email Reconcile?

Thanks!
    10-20-09 03:15 PM
    I'm new to Blackberry also and that was the first issue I had. From what I gather, there are only a few personal email accounts that can reconcile between your blackberry and your mailbox...AOL is not one of them. I thought it really sucked at first but I've gotten used to it. If you have a Yahoo account, your good. No AOL though. It's something with the Blackberry Internet Service.

Now, if she deletes a message that was read for the first time on her curve, she should be given the option to delete it from her mailbox and handheld or just the handheld. Those options are in her email settings on the Curve. While she's in the message list...menu button - options - email reconciliation - Delete on: Prompt (or whichever option you prefer) - menu button - save. That works.
    Last edited by l2bengtrek; 10-20-09 at 04:16 PM.
    10-20-09 04:00 PM
    I can delete AOL mail off my desktop/laptop from my Blackberry, but not vice versa. Its in your email settings, look under Options - Email rreconsiliation
    10-20-09 04:14 PM
    Ah - so you can delete the message from the BB using email reconciliation, but if the message is deleted from the desktop/laptop within AOL - the message will still be on the BB...
    Gotcha. Thanks All.
    10-20-09 05:22 PM
    i just spent 1.5 hours on the phone with RIM support for this exact issue. I got a new computer and installed aol 9.5 and now when I delete emails on my Blackberry they do not delete from my AOL account. RIM could not solve says it is an aol issue. Any help would be appreciated
    01-05-10 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD