First I know I know, I should have completed a recent back-up, but lesson learned ...
    However, I am confused aver what happened..my daughter (2.5 years old) was futzing around and somehow got to "keystores" and ended up wiping my bb out...when it rebooted, everything was GONE! Even the contacts (which I have read around here usually do not get wiped??)..however, there are 3 app's I loaded last week that ARE STILL here?!? They surely are not the factory app's...so I was hoping that maybe I just don't 'have access' to my info? I do have a memory card inserted, anyway I could have info on that?
    Thanks (very new bb user, thanks for the help and patience)..
    Angie
    04-17-09 03:38 PM
    I would hazard a guess that if you have not run any backups, its all gone. A BB wipe from what I know is just that, complete.

Hope there is something that can be done, but expensive lesson learned
    04-17-09 03:41 PM
    Thanks!

I was holding out hope for some miracle because I still have the applications I just added, and I thought a wipe was a complete back to factory wipe..anyone know why I still have those app's then?

Gosh, I really really could KICK myself for not backing up, especially this last week after adding the majority of my contacts and switching my entire written calender to the BB!!!!
    04-17-09 06:35 PM
    Always a good idea to do regular backups..
    04-17-09 06:37 PM
    Try looking in your Documents folder on your PC for .ipd files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 07:27 PM
    Hi,

Of course, a mini-crisis would be my first time posting, but here goes:

I left my phone unattended with a youngster, and when I came back to it a bit later, I was informed that it said it was "Wiping". When I called T-Mobile (re: an 8320 Curve), I was told that it should only do that if an incorrect pswd was entered too many times, in order to protect your information; and, I did have it pswd-protected.

What is interesting now is that when I dial the phone numbers I know from memory, the phone is automatically populating the name that went with that number. Also, apps that I had downloaded are still present & accounted for. That says to me that the information is probably still in there somewhere. . . maybe just encrypted somehow for my protection??

Yes, I know I should have backed up my phone. I thought I did once before, but all of the files that were produced on my computer from that backup are showing as Empty, aside from the data from the memory card, which is still in tact.

My question here is: Is the data really gone forever? Or, do I just need to take the correct steps to restore it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-11-09 01:47 PM
    Have you ever done an OS upgrade? If you did there should be a loader backup file on your PC.

Search your computer files for *.ipd to see if anything comes up.
    06-11-09 01:50 PM
    Hi! I did find a *.ipd file! It is a LoaderBackup. How do I use it?
    06-11-09 02:05 PM
    Hi! I did find a *.ipd file! It is a LoaderBackup. How do I use it?
    Just like a regular backup file. Open DM, open backup/restore and browse to the loader backup .ipd file.
    06-11-09 02:07 PM
    Thank you very much for that information! Sorry that I am so slow, but I am not familiar with DM. Is that something that is already on my handheld, or should it be on my laptop?
    06-11-09 02:16 PM
    Desktop Manager, it should be on your laptop. If it isn't installed on your laptop, it should be on your CD that came with your BB. You can also download it from the Blackberry website.
    06-11-09 02:18 PM
    Cool beans! Thank you so much. Your wisdom is greatly appreciated!

I am still just curious, though. There is definitely no way for me to get to the "wiped" information, correct? It just seems odd that the phone is retaining the settings that allows it to continue to receive emails from my POP account & that it is assigning names for phone numbers when I dial them now, even though the Address Book is showing as empty. Do you know how that is possible?
    06-11-09 02:26 PM
    Cool beans! Thank you so much. Your wisdom is greatly appreciated!

I am still just curious, though. There is definitely no way for me to get to the "wiped" information, correct? It just seems odd that the phone is retaining the settings that allows it to continue to receive emails from my POP account & that it is assigning names for phone numbers when I dial them now, even though the Address Book is showing as empty. Do you know how that is possible?
    I've never heard of this happening following a wipe.

You can try doing the following. Open Desktop Manager, open Backup/Restore, Click on Advanced. DM will "read" the information/databases on your BB and display them in the window "pane" on the right. If there are databases with records in them, then the information is there on your BB. If the databases are empty, then you most likely can't get them back without using the loader backup file.
    06-11-09 02:31 PM
    Thank you, again! I will give the latter a shot first. Much appreciated!
    06-11-09 02:50 PM
    Thank you, again! I will give the latter a shot first. Much appreciated!
    This is just to see if there are any databases shown. Getting them restored is another matter.

Post back with results.
    06-11-09 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD