If a number keeps calling me is there a way to block it so it doesn't ring my phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 04:14 PM
    There is a program out the called blackberry black and white list, or something like that. You should check it out.
    12-16-08 04:27 PM
    You can also set a custom ringtone of "Mute." The call will still be received, and you can answer it if you want, but the phone won't vibrate or make any sound. If you use this in conjunction with an auto-answering car kit, you can bug your car. I did that accidentally. My son and I were driving down the road when my wife yelled hello out the speaker. I almost ran off the road!
    Last edited by JeffH; 12-16-08 at 05:01 PM.
    12-16-08 04:57 PM
    If you want to spend money then the blacklist program would be the best. Also try to call your carrier, most can't block numbers but some can.

12-16-08 05:02 PM
    i downloaded "black & whitelist 1.5" and it works great. i only have the demo version but its worth having.
    12-16-08 05:06 PM
    Right now you can get both the iCall Manager Lite & black & whitelist for $18. I bought them together, really liking the iCall Manager Lite app.
    12-16-08 05:10 PM
    Will the pro software work on a 8310?

Will it keep the screen from lighting up on blacklisted calls?

Does it completely block the ring or does it ring for a second?

Thanks for your help. I am interested in buying the software, but want to make sure it handles all of these concerns.
    01-03-09 09:48 PM
    B&W List completly blocks the call. You should only see it on your call log.

01-03-09 09:51 PM
    B&W List completly blocks the call. You should only see it on your call log.
    And your voicemail, should they choose to leave you a message.

01-03-09 10:05 PM
    It completly blocks the call. They can't leave a voicemail.

01-03-09 10:11 PM
    I use black white list and then have it set up to ignore blacklisted calls which then are forwarded to a 3rd party service called youmail. you can assign a messge for the caller to hear ranging from a professional message to a song called bit*h stop calling me you also have the option of blocking the caller from leaving you a message. i'm with tmobile and can set up my call forwarding 3 different ways, I have mine set so when I hit reject the caller gets forwarded to you mail, if I just let the phone ring it goes to my tmobile voice mail, if the caller is on my blacklist they automaticly get rejected, thus sent to you mail.
    hope that makes sense
    01-03-09 10:21 PM
    Thanks for the info. I need away to block the calls, but have the person leave a voicemail. My phone is used for work. I am in sales so I want the people to be able to leave me a message but not be interrupted by them. I was hoping the pro version would do that for me.
    01-03-09 10:23 PM
    That's called silent or vibrate

01-03-09 10:38 PM
    I just got the black/whitelist and it works great. The phone does a sort of half ring when I am in the car and have my bluetooth sync'd. It works perfectly at catching the ring before it gets to the phone. If I could only figure out how to cut off the missed call prompt that pops up after the call has been sent to voice mail. Thanks for you guys help.
    01-05-09 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD