I have my curve to connect to WiFi preferably. So when at home its connects automatically to my home network. BUT TODAY about 10 min ago, I noticed it was no longer connected to my router. I reset the connection, did a soft boot, then a full out battery pull and nothing. Now it doesnt even find my router which I know is broadcasting bc I checked my laptop. Anyelse have this problem or a solution? Thnx in advanced
    08-10-08 12:07 AM
    I have my curve to connect to WiFi preferably. So when at home its connects automatically to my home network. BUT TODAY about 10 min ago, I noticed it was no longer connected to my router. I reset the connection, did a soft boot, then a full out battery pull and nothing. Now it doesnt even find my router which I know is broadcasting bc I checked my laptop. Anyelse have this problem or a solution? Thnx in advanced
    Not sure if this is a fix or solution, but you can start with going to your IP address 192.168.X.X (or whatever your address is) through your computers browser and go to Mac Filtering. Take the MacAddress from your Curve and enter into Mac Filtering. This will tell your router to always allow your Curve to connect.

I've found that I've had to do this when my device suddenly stop connecting to the router; now I no longer have that issue.
    08-10-08 12:12 AM
    Not sure if this is a fix or solution, but you can start with going to your IP address 192.168.X.X (or whatever your address is) through your computers browser and go to Mac Filtering. Take the MacAddress from your Curve and enter into Mac Filtering. This will tell your router to always allow your Curve to connect.

I've found that I've had to do this when my device suddenly stop connecting to the router; now I no longer have that issue.

Thnx for the quick reply.. I will try n see if that helps
    08-10-08 12:18 AM
    Strange that you had to enter your MacAddress to allow connection to your Berry. ScandaLeX what model router do you have? I have an Huawei B970 HSPA router and never once had an issue with it.

prgodfather hope you come right with it, seeing that your laptop connects without issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 12:18 AM
    Strange that you had to enter your MacAddress to allow connection to your Berry. ScandaLeX what model router do you have? I have an Huawei B970 HSPA router and never once had an issue with it.

prgodfather hope you come right with it, seeing that your laptop connects without issues.

I have a LinkSys; but my connection is secured. I decide what devices I want connected to my router and entering the Mac Address for those devices means that those, and only those will connect without fail. I enjoy the peace of mind knowing that I'm not sharing with every Tom Dik & Harry.

Also, I dont have a wifi Berry. Just offering a suggestion to the OP with the problem.
    08-10-08 12:23 AM

Thanx and to ScandaLex the mac address trick didnt help. I had already have it saved under a perm address on my router anyways. Its a netgear if it matters. I forgot to add originally, but when i found out wifi was down my edge network was lowercase, but after the battery pull the EDGE came back. its weird I know lol

Update:

I did another battery pull (thats 3) and this time i managed to find my network again. Guess it was a temporary glitch. Thnx all the same
    Last edited by prgodfather; 08-10-08 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Update
    08-10-08 12:28 AM
    wi-fi can be a little iffy, i've noticed some of the same issues
    08-10-08 02:19 AM
    Thanx and to ScandaLex the mac address trick didnt help. I had already have it saved under a perm address on my router anyways. Its a netgear if it matters. I forgot to add originally, but when i found out wifi was down my edge network was lowercase, but after the battery pull the EDGE came back. its weird I know lol

Update:

I did another battery pull (thats 3) and this time i managed to find my network again. Guess it was a temporary glitch. Thnx all the same
    Glad you got it working again. I didnt say my suggestion would work; just something for you to try. With wifi, it could be anything that would make it work again.
    08-10-08 02:27 AM
    if its netgear 614 router, those are junk. Check your model.

08-10-08 04:40 AM
    how do you find the Macaddress of a blackberry curve?
    12-06-08 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD