I have this problem and it's becoming very frequent. When I type a text/email/msgr message, any punctuation and half of the letters only come up as ... . It's done it 3 times in the past two days, and sometimes it requires up to 6 battery pulls to stop it. anyone have this problem, or know how to stop it?

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 09-28-08 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Language, keep it family friendly.
    09-28-08 01:22 PM
    i don;t understand what you mean, they are coming up b$?
    09-28-08 01:37 PM
    Yep. Any punctuation characters, and b, x, and n are making it happen. Whenever I type one, b$ appears. Sometimes the . (alt n) comes up as ! too. I tried setting the language shortcuts to no, and I'm waiting to see if it does it again. I read a thread where someone mentioned possibly hitting alt-enter by mistake, but I never do. Although, my phone thinks that I keep hitting the left convenience key all the time (keypad lock... very annoying when you're typing and it locks up on you). This is my second phone (the first stopped working in 3 days), and I've never had this many problems with a phone before.
    09-28-08 01:49 PM
    Try to describe the problem in more detail

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 01:49 PM
    Never really heard of an issue like that before. I'd take it back and get a new one.

09-28-08 01:51 PM
    Did you get your phone wet? Even just a little bit?
    09-28-08 02:00 PM
    Check your auto text?
    Sounds like you left your berry unlocked and someone played

09-28-08 02:04 PM
    Try to describe the problem in more detail

When I'm typing, and I hit any punctuation key it appears as b$. Some keys (b,x,n and the symbol key) also cause this to happen. I can't take the phone back, as I already returned the first, which couldn't send text messages after three days and it's past thirty days.
    09-28-08 02:21 PM
    Did you get your phone wet? Even just a little bit?
    Nope. Always stayed dry.
    09-28-08 02:22 PM
    That is so weird. I have no idea what would cause that.
    09-28-08 02:25 PM
    well, i'm stumped...
    09-28-08 02:29 PM
    It used to happen once in a blue moon, but this weekend it did it 3 times.
    09-28-08 02:41 PM
    I don't know who your provider is but even if your past 30 days for an exchange BlackBerry's have a 1 year warranty , exchange it under the manufacturers warranty. Yes , no ?

09-28-08 04:01 PM
    I can't take the phone back, as I already returned the first, which couldn't send text messages after three days and it's past thirty days.
    How long ago did you get THIS phone? If you get getting a bad phone and it is within the last 30 days it should still be the carrier's exchange, and if within a year the manufacturer's warranty that would cover it. Any carrier reps out there that can shed any light on this?
    09-28-08 06:42 PM
    I wasn't sure about the warranty. AT&T doesn't included any of the original paperwork pertaining to the warranty, or a real phone manual. Just their little book which tells you nothing.
    09-28-08 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD