I turned my Curve into a BRICK last week� Tmo sent me a txt stating that I �should� upgrade to OS 4.5. I�ve been hesitant about doing the upgrade after reading about all of the issues here over the months! But GAWD I wanted to finally have the video aspect and better email and all of the rest! So, I took the leap�. and my poor little Curve TANKED!

I was using DM 4.7, went thru the whole process, using Kevin�s step by step�. And after the process finished, I was able to use the phone�. for about a minute! Seriously, I was able to record a couple videos and begin the process of exploration, and the phone shut off and went into the �endless loop!�

So, I frantically came back here, read up on all suggestions for fixing bricks�. none of which worked, (believe me, I tried�. 5 times!) UNTIL I stumbled across a post stating that the poster fixed their brick by reinstalling the original OS. At that point, I was willing to try anything� just to get my phone BACK! Almost a year ago, I went thru headache after headache with this endless loop, on my Pearl and ended up having to send it back to TMO and got a replacement. I didn�t want to go thru that process again�. Ahhhhhh!

Anyway, downgrading back to OS 4.2.2 WORKED�
    BUT, before I go thru the process of reinstalling all of my applications, I�m wondering if anyone has any suggestions, about my trying again, to upgrade to 4.5? I mean really, the phone has NO conflicts now that there is NOTHING on it, lol! And after seeing, for just a minute� how kewl 4.5 is, I want it back!!!

Help/suggestions????
    TIA
    Friday
    03-16-09 12:29 PM
    From what I heard you should use dm 4.6
    I have yet to update my OS because I have a mac and I'm also scared to do it.
    03-16-09 12:33 PM
    There are two ways to do the upgrade. The best choice for most members is the internet link that controls the process. The vast majority of time, it works correctly.

If it fails, the most likely culprit is the USB connection. I have wondered how the carriers plan on dealing with that. I suspect it occures in less then 1% of the upgrades, but that is still a lot of failed upgrades.

The second way is to manually install the OS and use Application Loader to do the install. You can select an approved upgrade from any carrier, but I would stay with T-Mobile until you get this sorted.

03-16-09 12:56 PM
    Will give the internet link option a shot, Thank you!
    03-16-09 01:03 PM
    Reed, so far so good... Upgrade went fine, but STILL holding my breath, for a little while longer anyway!
    Thanks for your input

Ty also Amp!

Friday
    03-16-09 03:25 PM
    How do you get to the internet link?
    03-16-09 10:41 PM
    Hey kid here's the link for you on t-mobile. Just click on your device model and it should walk you thru it...

Unsupported Browser
    03-16-09 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD