The only time my radio will switch off on my Curve is when I get on campus and go into the bulding I totally lose service and it makes my curve cut the radio off So when I leave school I have to go back in and cut it back on everytime. Is there any way to to keep it always on so i dont have to fool with this?
    06-13-08 11:56 AM
    go to manage connections the to mobile network options make sure that data service is on.
    06-13-08 11:58 AM
    Yes I have my data service on and everything. Just want to make it where when I lose service when i got into the campus, I dont have to cut my Radio back on when i leave again Like I had to do today.
    06-13-08 12:01 PM
    Sounds like it powers down the radio to save battery in situations where there is no service. My last (non-bb) phone would drain the battery in a few hours in non-service areas. I learned to kill the radio, or I'd have no battery when I needed it.

If this is a standard feature, then I like the BB way of doing it.

But, sorry. I don't know how to make it stay on when there is no service.
    06-13-08 12:20 PM
    My BB powers down also when I am at work sometimes if I am in an area with absolutely no signal. This is your "smart phone's" way of conserving battery. The only problem is that sometimes it forgets to turn the radio back on.
    06-13-08 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD