Is there any way to mute the snapshot noise for when you take a picture? I've had too many embarrassing moments where I was supposed to be in a quiet setting and then people all hear me take a picture. Help?
    04-08-08 09:47 AM
    At this time, there is no way to disable the sound effect. I am quite sure that RIM did this on purpose to prevent the "upskirt" types from having too much fun.
    04-08-08 10:10 AM
    Nope, can't turn it off.
    04-08-08 10:11 AM
    Why would you embarrassed?

If you're brave enough to take pictures when you should, be brave enough to take the ridicule along with it.
    04-08-08 10:13 AM
    Security feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-08 10:15 AM
    Nope can't do it there is a work around though but I don't know how it's done and you have to do it every time you take a picture I think.
    04-08-08 10:16 AM
    First of all, I think if you would use the search function on this forum (a feature you will find on most every forum in existence), you might have been able to find your answer. A search for "curve picture sound" would have netted these results:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/shutter-sound-9710/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/tur...a-sound-11707/

Searching helps eliminate the flooding of the boards with redundant threads. Always search before you start a new thread.

As you've learned, there is no way to turn off the shutter sound. You can, however, take a picture during a call and avoid the sound. If you make a call to say, your voicemail, then push the camera button, your phone will ask if you want to continue the call and go to the camera screen. If you select "yes", you will be able to take pictures without the sound.
    Last edited by baniels; 04-09-08 at 09:38 PM.
    04-08-08 10:30 AM
    Checking the forum is a great idea.... The only way to not hear the shutter sound is to have headphones plugged in when taking the picture
    04-08-08 01:11 PM
    I will probably sound like an ***** but here goes... where is the search function? I have been thinking it would be so much easier if I could just search.
    04-08-08 04:59 PM
    just cough when u take the pic.. lol
    04-08-08 05:26 PM
    just cough when u take the pic.. lol
    Yeah and enjoy the blurred photo. LOL
    04-08-08 05:34 PM
    Use the search function to avoid "redundant" threads? Where's the fun in that? Might get a bit boring reading nothing but old threads, waiting for a new development to post a brand new, unsearched thread on. ;-)

04-08-08 05:40 PM
    I will probably sound like an ***** but here goes... where is the search function? I have been thinking it would be so much easier if I could just search.
    Its in the menu bar near the top of the screen. Its right next to New Posts.

If you click on the Search Forums tab, it will give you the search box. Enjoy!!
    04-08-08 05:41 PM
    lol i just try to cover the speaker with my finger to the best of my ability when i take pictures in class/on the bus/ on the train. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    04-08-08 07:13 PM
    Call your voicemail and drop the volume all the way down then open your camera and take the picture
    04-23-08 07:50 PM
    Take a picutre with your headset on i guess
    04-23-08 08:34 PM
    Use the search function to avoid "redundant" threads? Where's the fun in that? Might get a bit boring reading nothing but old threads, waiting for a new development to post a brand new, unsearched thread on. ;-)

Yeah, a forum with no new threads would be boring, but on the same note, a forum with constant repeats of the same threads over and over again is annoying.
    04-23-08 09:39 PM
    You kidding me?? I dont even have the phone yet and this ticks me off lol

At work i sit in a desk facing my boss. I made it look like i was checking text messages and i snapped a pic, to show someone how close i sit to him

or if im walking around and see a nice piece of "scenery" ill snap a pic and send it to my friends, who are very interested in pretty scenery hehe
    04-23-08 09:54 PM
    lol i had no idea i couldn't turn it off. it never bothered me but thats cuz i dont try to take pics im not supposed to lol.

is it really a security feature?
    04-23-08 10:02 PM
    Sometimes the search function is not very good. Believe it or not sometimes its better to allow google to find the thread for u.

04-23-08 10:11 PM
    so u mean to say that even though it is starting to warm up, and there will be plenty of shirtless men outside jogging, playing basketball and what have you, i cannot take pics of them to look at all day without them knowing??

bb, why would you do this to me??!!!
    04-23-08 10:14 PM
    you can call your voicemail and take all of the silent photos you want.
    04-23-08 11:52 PM
    I have to agree with D-Town. The search function here leaves a LOT to be desired. It rarely pulls up even half the threads that contain specified keywords.
    That said, sure, ppl should try and find an already existing thread to answer their question, but its not like a requirement. A forum can be as redundant as its moderators allow it to be.
    Finally, who's to say when I should or shouldn't be able to snap a pic with my phone? Certainly not the company I gave my hard earned cash for their device. They have no right to dictate my photographic motivations, and should recognize such and just have a silent option. I don't like the sound. That's why I don't want it there, not because I'm doing anything "bad".
    So, RIM and forum post Nazis...get over yourselves.
    04-24-08 12:35 AM
    so u mean to say that even though it is starting to warm up, and there will be plenty of shirtless men outside jogging, playing basketball and what have you, i cannot take pics of them to look at all day without them knowing??

bb, why would you do this to me??!!!
    That is true but, you can always call them from your BB
    04-24-08 08:03 AM
    No shutter sounds are a pervs best friend. Lol.

Funny work-arounds, headphones & also having the line active. I've done the second, but accident. Also does this work for Bluetooth as well?

I'm good with the shutter sound, I'm always taking pics that the other party wouldn't mind. Lol.
    04-24-08 08:09 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD