Hi, I work for AT&T at a retail store and a customer came into my store today asking for something that I can not figure out. When the curve is set on the vibrate profile and a speed dial is used the phone plays no sound, the call is just made. However when the phone is not set for vibrate and a speed dial is used, the phone plays a sound of numbers being pushed really fast (the speed dial noise). This customer asked me how to remove the speed dial noise and can't seem to find it anywhere in the phone or anywhere online that would tell me how to do this. Any help is greatly appreciated! thx

-Bryan
    10-08-07 12:46 PM
    I'm wondering the same thing, it's really annoying!
    10-08-07 01:10 PM
    Any new ideas on this topic? I'll search some other threads but this noise is VERY annoying- not incognito when you're trying to make a call, the noise can be disruptive
    10-01-08 05:31 PM
    still no luck??
    12-07-08 09:11 PM
    Just curious, but aren't you going to be acogniato when you begin to talk after placing that call using speed dial?

I totally understand wanting to personalize your phone tho.

Bill

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 10:56 PM
    I love the speed dial noise!!

It reminds me of "Sports Channel" (if anyone is from the Cleveland area) - the precursor to Fox Sports Ohio. Sometimes that random dialing sound would happen between commercials!! Don't ask me why. Good memories of when the Tribe was good!!

/end_tangent

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 12:34 AM
    AFAIK, there is no way to get rid if the speed dial noise. At least in 4.5, the BB doesn't play the speed dial noise on vibrate or silent (it would play on previous OS versions which was really annoying - silent should mean silent).
    12-08-08 06:32 AM
    I love the speed dial noise also. Interestingly, I hear it on the 'Normal' profile, but I don't hear it on the 'Quiet' profile. Go figure.
    12-09-08 08:30 AM
    You are not supposed to hear it in the Quiet or Vibrate profile - that is by design since those profiles are supposed to be silent.
    12-09-08 10:01 AM
    Right. Figures I would overlook the most obvious reason.
    12-12-08 02:02 PM
    BryanBerry - do a search on these forums for silencing key tones and you will find some related info.

There are some tricks but in general, it cannot be silenced in any custom profile or setting
    12-12-08 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD