I wanted to download a HTML viewer, but when I tried, I got a message stating my IT policy doesn't allow 3rd party downloads. BES. Any ideas?

talking to IT isn't an option.
    02-24-08 10:56 AM
    Looks like you have no other options but to ask IT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-08 11:03 AM
    I am wondering if I could download it to my desktop manager and install that way? Anyone do this before as opposed to an ota install?
    02-24-08 11:08 AM
    its not going to work. there is a software installation restriction setup on your phone.

The only way to get the viewer installed is to talk to ure IT dept and have them install it for you.
    02-24-08 01:35 PM
    I wanted to download a HTML viewer, but when I tried, I got a message stating my IT policy doesn't allow 3rd party downloads. BES. Any ideas?

You don't own the phone?
    02-24-08 02:20 PM
    I own the phone and service / contract is in my name, however since it's work and a BES account, they have control. It's like being married.......it's the illusion of onwership.
    02-24-08 02:59 PM

2/28/2008 - I tried as well and could not get my IT policy off. I tried wiping it, complete delete files and putback on system software on my pearl and still no go.

Were you able to find anything out on how to remove this irritating policY

Thanks
    02-28-08 10:00 AM
    I own the phone and service / contract is in my name, however since it's work and a BES account, they have control. It's like being married.......it's the illusion of onwership.

I agree on the married part. I own my BB but my IT Dept has the final say. So far out all the programs I tried to load, I have only been blocked on Opera mini & VTap.
    02-28-08 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD