Is there an Antivirus for the Blackberry Curve 8310?
    07-07-08 09:10 AM
    i've read on here somewhere, that since blackberry network is so secure already, there is no need for antivirus software.
    07-07-08 09:20 AM
    There are some out there. Use Google
    07-07-08 09:25 AM
    I have never really seen the need...

Be sure to back up daily and if you would get a virus (never even heard of a Berry virus) then you can restore!! or you can always re-install your OS.

The thought of a virus scanner on my Berry makes me sick
    07-07-08 09:28 AM
    Viruses will come, just wait. The creatures from Planet Zogg will get us eventually. It is doubtful however that we shall see emebeded viruses that launch from Word attachments in emails just yet. More likely imo will be applications that cause mischief. These will fall loosley in to three groups.

- those that harm the BlackBerry and/or its (your) data
    - those that try to make money out of users by forcing you to a website or telling you that you have a virus when you do not.
    - identity theft or threat of data damage

All of these can be pretty much handled by staying close to CrackBerry and reading posts right here. If anyone spots or gets a virus then they will certainly tell the rest of us via a post in here and we can then hopefully avoid the threat.

The usual steps for virus avoidance can be taken.
    - do not load unknown software
    - do not use free software
    - load software only by Desktop Manager so that there is always a trace that can be followed.
    07-07-08 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD