Since the BB can send and recieve E mail and surf the web, is there an anti virus software available to use on it? Can I plug it into my home computer with the usb cable and use my home computers anti virus to search it?
    09-15-08 05:43 AM
    There is an anti virus app for BB but I can't remember what it's called. I will let you know when I get home tonight unless someone else knows. I don't have it installed on my current BB. As far as letting your PC scan it, I've never tried that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 06:41 AM
    Sorry to double post I should have Googled it first. The anti virus app is available from SMobile Systems.

http://www.smobilesystems.com/ota/shopping/productdetail.htm?productid=00003001

I believe it is a zip file so you will have to download and install from your PC.

Last edited by blackngray70; 09-15-08 at 06:57 AM.
    09-15-08 06:47 AM
    I haven't looked at the recommended application, but there are no BlackBerry viruses, so BlackBerry antivirus software is unnecessary.

If you get a PC virus in a file in your BlackBerry, which is possible, the PC virus cannot hurt your BlackBerry. If you copy the infected file to a PC, the PC's antivirus software should detect it. So as long as your PC antivirus software is up to date, there is no point in buying BlackBerry antivirus software.
    09-15-08 11:13 PM
    I haven't looked at the recommended application, but there are no BlackBerry viruses, so BlackBerry antivirus software is unnecessary.

If you get a PC virus in a file in your BlackBerry, which is possible, the PC virus cannot hurt your BlackBerry. If you copy the infected file to a PC, the PC's antivirus software should detect it. So as long as your PC antivirus software is up to date, there is no point in buying BlackBerry antivirus software.
    Just a heads up here, I have a friend that has a bb curve 8330 and was downloading ringtones from myxer.com and her phone was acting strange so she took it to her carrier and was informed it was a virus from that site. Now I'm looking for antivirus program for my curve.

12-11-09 11:06 AM
    As Jeff stated above, there is currenty no known documented virus for the blackBerry...
    12-11-09 11:08 AM
    A virus is an easy answer for a customer service rep who doesn't have the time or resources to figure out what's really wrong. Don't waste your money.

12-11-09 11:20 AM
    Just a heads up here, I have a friend that has a bb curve 8330 and was downloading ringtones from myxer.com and her phone was acting strange so she took it to her carrier and was informed it was a virus from that site. Now I'm looking for antivirus program for my curve.

Your friend was given bad information. That is the carrier trying to talk them out of free ringtones and being forced to buy theirs instead. I've used Myxer on the following phones with no issues: Verizon LG Env, Verizon HTC 6800, Sprint Touch Pro, Sprint LG Rumor 2, Sprint BB 8330.

So many issues can come up with these phones but it was not a virus.
    12-11-09 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD