Just reading the Blackberry 101 stuff which is so far great material! Was just wondering which ESN do I enter as I am setting up my blackberry address... I guess once you get a BB you also get an email addy as well. Told you I'm a rook lol. So do I use the ESN (dec) or (hex)? Also when Itry and get to hotmail to check that email I get a message saying that I need Javascript to sign in and that eith my browser does not support it or the scripts are being blocked. Also, how do I dl ringtones?
    05-24-08 06:33 PM
    -not sure if it matters which ESN you use (i used either or and it still worked for me)
    -i don't use hotmail so i don't have an answer for that.... although i have read that some folks have issues setting up hotmail (i use gmail it was so easy to set up)
    -ringtones can be loaded onto your device via your computer as long as they're .mp3 format - use the blackberry desktop manager to do this. i would advise to edit the length of your songs to be about 35-40secs otherwise the file will be too long. if you have a microSD card, you can load as many ringtones as you like. hope this helps.... good luck
    05-24-08 08:11 PM
    Welcome to crackberry.com

For the ESN:

*. In the Home screen on your BlackBerry device, scroll to and click the OPTIONS icon
    *. The Device Options screen appears. Scroll to and click Status
    *. In the Status screen, scroll to the ESN (format will be "031/1X/XXXXXX", where "X" is a variable numeric digit)
    *. In the same screen, scroll to the PIN

Hotmail... are you attempting to use your browser to logon to hotmail?

For ringtones, you can create your own at MakeOwnRingtone dot com and then you can have it sent by email, sms or to the computer. I usually do SMS, if you have an unlimited plan. If not email is good and then save it. Use a SD Card to save it as your memory can get very low if you don't.
    05-24-08 08:18 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    05-24-08 10:04 PM
    Welcome to crackberry.com

For the ESN:

*. In the Home screen on your BlackBerry device, scroll to and click the OPTIONS icon
    *. The Device Options screen appears. Scroll to and click Status
    *. In the Status screen, scroll to the ESN (format will be "031/1X/XXXXXX", where "X" is a variable numeric digit)
    *. In the same screen, scroll to the PIN

Hotmail... are you attempting to use your browser to logon to hotmail?

For ringtones, you can create your own at MakeOwnRingtone dot com and then you can have it sent by email, sms or to the computer. I usually do SMS, if you have an unlimited plan. If not email is good and then save it. Use a SD Card to save it as your memory can get very low if you don't.
    Thanks for the advice. Yes I am trying to get to hotmail with my browser, why?
    05-25-08 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD