Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Currently I have service with T-Mobile and am currently looking at getting the Curve 8320. I am in an area with horrible service and I am planning on using WiFi to make and receive calls while on campus and at home.

My question is for anyone out there that has used, or uses the WiFi to make calls. How is the reception compared to in a good service spot? Do you prefer to use the WiFi if you have the chance, or would you prefer to use the service?

I would like to stay with T-Mobile, but if I cant use my phone as a phone at school I may have to switch to Sprint. I have my reasons for wanting to stay with T-Mobile, so I would appreciate any comments bashing T-Mobile, or praising Sprint please keep it elsewhere.

Thank you.
    09-29-09 11:54 PM
    WiFi with UMA calling is outstanding. For $10 a month, all your WiFi minutes do not count against your minute bank. I would recommend you get the 8900 if possible. I liked my 8320 - it's a great device, but out of the box the 8900 is 100 times faster and everything just works. It streams better does everything better. And you won't hear anything bad about TMobile from me. They have the best rates and don't nickle and dime you for services.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 09-30-09 at 12:02 AM.
    09-30-09 12:00 AM
    I appreciate the fast reply.

The reason I am going with the 8320 is mostly cost issues. If I could afford the 8900 I totally would, but at twice the price I cant really justify that right now.

This calling over WiFi is new to me so I only know what I have been told by T-Mobile, and they never mentioned an extra $10 a month and they didnt say anything about UMA. What is UMA and what is this extra $10 a month?

Unrelated to this question but, what Os's allow video recording, and if its not the one that ships with the 8320, can I upgrade the Os and have it work on the 8320?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by USDCoyote; 09-30-09 at 12:21 AM.
    09-30-09 12:09 AM
    SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT! i can call via wifi, and it doesnt take any minutes? and only 10 a month?
    09-30-09 12:16 AM
    SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT! i can call via wifi, and it doesnt take any minutes? and only 10 a month?
    I may be wrong here, but I dont think the 8310 has WiFi. As far as I know its the 8320 and up that have WiFi. But please correct me if wrong.
    09-30-09 12:22 AM
    ya your very wrong vvV Vvv

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 01:04 AM
    The 8320 has WiFi.

The 8310 DOES NOT HAVE WiFi.

bloodyitachi, you shouldn't post things that you don't know about.
    09-30-09 06:02 AM
    Only the 8320 has Wifi. As for WiFi calling, my WiFi was never stable until I started using OS .153 and up. Prior to that, my WiFi would drop out as soon as I tried to use it. Now, my BB finds WiFi where even my laptop doesn't. I'm currently in .161 and looking to go to .163.

I agree with X that TMO is the best. Been a TMO customer since before there was TMO. Their rates are good, and unlimited means unlimited.
    09-30-09 06:31 AM
    Ive been with T-Mobile since Voice Stream (I think thats who they were, at least in my area).

So, what is the UMA and the extra $10 about? Is the $10 just an add on so I dont have to use my min when calling from WiFi?
    09-30-09 10:52 AM
    8310 DOES NOT have WiFi....at least mine doesnt...
    09-30-09 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD