Hi,

First let me start by saying this a great site. I have had my 8330 for about a week now and most of my questions have been answered by you guys and girls thru this informative forum. I just switched over from a Palm treo 700wx and so far it has been an easy transfer. I do have a couple questions though....1. The internet seemed better as far as viewing pages and what displayed on the treo. Alot of the sites come up with alot of links to pics that are part of the website and don't display properly. Do I not have something in the options checked off that will help this? 2. I have a small icon just below the time on the home screen that looks like scope sights on a rifle w/ something coming off it. Any ideas?.. Thanks again
    07-14-08 10:54 PM
    1. Make sure you have Javascript enabled in the BB browser options. You can also give Opera Mini a shot.
    07-14-08 10:55 PM
    Hi,

First let me start by saying this a great site. I have had my 8330 for about a week now and most of my questions have been answered by you guys and girls thru this informative forum. I just switched over from a Palm treo 700wx and so far it has been an easy transfer. I do have a couple questions though....1. The internet seemed better as far as viewing pages and what displayed on the treo. Alot of the sites come up with alot of links to pics that are part of the website and don't display properly. Do I not have something in the options checked off that will help this? 2. I have a small icon just below the time on the home screen that looks like scope sights on a rifle w/ something coming off it. Any ideas?.. Thanks again
    The scope means GPS Data is on, there are different version of broswers you can use. Opera being one of them........although it can be slow and choppy for both opera and the bb broswer............I hope I helped
    07-14-08 10:59 PM
    Thanks, that helped but i may try opera mini just to see the difference. Is there a way to look at all open applications running?
    07-15-08 01:56 AM
    The biggest thing is to check the settings in the browser
    Menu key>options>browser config and make sure the top 8 boxes are checked this will solve your issues. Welcome to crackberry!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 02:02 AM
    Oops almost forgot to answer your other question about the open apps
    Hold your alt key and simultaineously press the return key next to the end button and all the back ground apps will show, you must keep the alt key pressed and you can scroll through them with the trackball. Hope that helps you!

07-15-08 02:07 AM
    yup, you can hold alt and press the back button (the one with the arrow) scroll around and release if you want to go to something. remember - things stay open (and suck up your battery) unless you go to bbkey>close/shutdown

def give opera mini a shot. it's free and its great!
    07-15-08 02:07 AM
    I pressed alt+back keys and found 5 apps running....BB messenger, Home screen, Web Browser, Messages and phone. Is this what usually runs in the background because I tried to "close" them using method stated earlier in post and they are still running. I don't have a problem with battery life just kind of a OC thing.
    07-15-08 01:14 PM
    Thanks Chef.... checking all 8 boxes made a big difference in viewing!!!
    07-15-08 01:20 PM
    Welcome to CB! Yes this is an awsome site for questions and answers.
    Happy Crackberring

07-15-08 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD