Well, I've surfed around this site for a while and seen many of the same questions but I just cant get it answered.
    Ill restate the nooby ooby question again. "What do I do when I try to upload and app and theres an error saying "No additional applications designed for your device were found."
    I know most of you will send me links to elsewhere but for a user who just got a blackberry, its hard to follow.
    I've downloaded many, many things trying to fix this problem and its hard to fix. I've downloaded and OS and desktop manager, and tried a converter but it's too difficult.

I'm well aware that i need to have the same OS on my blackberry registered to my computer, but how do I check which OS I have on my blackberry and how do I download it to my computer? I have a blackberry curve 8310 btw.

Obviously theres no simple way but if there is deep instructions or any well planned links would be appreciated.

-- Mike
    09-14-08 02:05 PM
    You can check your OS by going to Options>About

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 02:10 PM
    Well you need to have the handheld OS installed on your computer, you should be able to find a link for it here in the forums, I'm mobile right now so I can't help with it. Once downloaded, run the setup, you will now have the os on your computer. You then open up the desktop manager and will be able to load the apps you want using the app loader, hope this helps. By the way who is your carrier?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 02:13 PM
    Mikey, sorry for the short reply earlier, my wife was harrassing me

The link below will take you to AT&T's approved version for your device. Download it and follow the steps given by Diaz

AT&T

Oh I nearly forgot, welcome to CB
    Last edited by gritmaster; 09-14-08 at 02:21 PM.
    09-14-08 02:17 PM
    Thanks gritz and diaz, but it has yet to solve my problem, still the same error, still the same everything. I'm actually thinking its the thing im trying to upload? It's a game just to test everything out and see how easy uploading is. It's a .Ali file, I've read some stuff about .Cod and .Alx files? I'm not sure what to do still.
    09-14-08 02:44 PM
    Fortunately, that is a simple one and there is no need to refer you anywhere else.

Open Windows Control Panel / Programs. You should see two BlackBerry entries. One is the Desktop Manager, the other is the currently installed device software.

Verify you have the correct device OS installed. The 8310 is different from the 8300, 8320 or 8330. Only the correct one will work.

If that is correct, there is a single file that controls access to the device OS.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader, scroll to the bottom of the list, delete the file Vendor.xml.

Connect the Curve and start Desktop Manager. Select Applications Loader and you should now see all of the installed software.
    09-14-08 02:47 PM
    It worked, but i believe the program im trying to put on there is not making it work. Do you have a handy website that I can find games, apps, whatever that work that I can try?
    09-14-08 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD