I've got an 8320 ves. 4.2.180, 21mb free memory, 100% battery AND plugged in. Dang thing is still restarting on me at random. Ideas?
    Thanks!
    03-26-09 07:44 PM
    Your memory is good. The battery being at 100% really means nothing it could still be a bad battery (dying) how old is the actual device?

I would recommend since you are not on 4.5 trying an upgrade to see if that rectifies the issue. Maybe someone else will offer better advice......
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-26-09 at 07:54 PM.
    03-26-09 07:48 PM
    Thanks I'll see about getting a new battery. Is there an OTA site where I can update my OS?
    03-26-09 07:53 PM
    I updated to 4.5 today. Phone worked fine most of the day but still restarted every now and then. Now however it's freezing at the "verifying security software..." page. I've tried rebooting several times and I can never get any further. Please help!
    03-27-09 07:53 PM
    If you have a memory card in your BB, take it out and see if the freezing/rebooting stops. There might be a corrupted file or file system on the card.
    03-27-09 08:04 PM
    Well, getting a free battery from T-Mobile didn't go so well; they told me it'd be $55. Instead I got them to put insurance on my plan so I guess I'll just "lose" it in a couple of days.
    03-28-09 03:13 PM
    Well, getting a free battery from T-Mobile didn't go so well; they told me it'd be $55. Instead I got them to put insurance on my plan so I guess I'll just "lose" it in a couple of days.
    Did you take out the memory card in the BB, if you have one?

Wouldn't that be the biggest coincidence ever? Adding insurance on your BB that you went in to TMo with problems, then suddenly "losing" it?
    03-28-09 03:16 PM
    If your BB is less than 12 mos. old, it has a factory warranty on it and should be replaced due to the rebooting issue if it can't easily be fixed.

Definitely a better way to go than insurance fraud, IMO.
    03-28-09 03:18 PM
    Didn't know about the warranty it carried, think I'll go that route.
    Thanks!
    03-28-09 03:48 PM
    Didn't know about the warranty it carried, think I'll go that route.
    Thanks!
    Even though the warranty is through RIM, you take the BB in to TMo for the replacement. They are supposed to take your defective BB, give you a new or refurbished BB, then send your old BB to RIM.
    03-28-09 03:52 PM
    Perfect!
    Thanks
    03-28-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD