Alright, I have a BB Curve 8310 for AT&T.

I use the Pay as You Go Service and everything works fine. I use SMS, MMS, Internet, everything. Everything is cool.
    For those of you who have used PayAsYou go you know that EVERYTIME you make/recieve phone calls, make/recieve messages and use the browser, the service sends you an alert saying "The last transaction cost X.XX USD. Your account balance is XX.XX USD." It is an automated alert that AT&T always sends no matter what. I went to the ATT store and call customer service and asked if that can be disabled and the answer is no. Ok thats fine then. But here is what DRIVE ME INSANE!!!! Everytime i get an alert it make a sound..."DAH DING" No matter what i do, no matter what profile I set it to IT ALWAYS MAKE A SOUND!!! I went under advance under profiles and made sure everything is on mute, and it is. But still it make a noise!! UGH! Its very frusterating. I want it to SHUT UP!!! Please help me out! How can i quite this noise!!!!!

Here are some pictures of what the alert looks like.

HELP ME SHUT UP THIS NOISE!
    PLEASE!
    08-13-08 01:40 AM
    I figured out how to stop it on my roomate's RAZR. Not sure about the berry though. Good luck though, that ish is mad annoying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 01:47 AM
    Where it says
    Out of holster and in holster did you select 'none' also?

08-13-08 01:54 AM
    i tried NONE and still a DAH DING!
    08-13-08 02:06 AM
    Think it may just be the BB since it has so many alerts. I once had a go phone because there was one person I talked to on that network and getting that I saved my tmobile minutes but it never da ding.. I would be pretty annoyed to if it happened everytime.

08-13-08 02:16 AM
    Does it do it while you're on the Vibrate profile?
    08-13-08 02:20 AM
    It is the Blackberry.
    Yes it does it in EVERY profile!
    08-13-08 02:22 AM
    I have no experience with pay as you Go phone services so I can't duplicate your problem, but it sounds to me like it might be a carrier override if you've tried every option to mute it and nothing works. I doubt there is anything wrong with your phone.

Under Profiles>Advanced>Edit is there no option to edit the notification?
    08-13-08 02:28 AM
    Do you just talk or do you text also. If you just talk maybe you can go to your firewall and block messages and see if that stops giving you the alert

08-13-08 02:30 AM
    nope there's no option
    08-13-08 02:30 AM
    i tired blocking all the messages and still a noise
    08-13-08 02:32 AM
    I'm willing to bet it's a carrier override. Did you try to call them and ask if there's any way to change the notifier sound?
    08-13-08 02:36 AM
    yes
    they said its a manditory alert
    its computer generated
    ive always gotten it even with my SE and my RAZR but those phones never made a sound
    only m pearl and curve
    08-13-08 02:39 AM
    Block em and do a battery pull

08-13-08 02:40 AM
    I hate to say it, but it sounds like you're SOL on this one, unless someone with actual GoPhone experience can shed some light on this.
    08-13-08 02:41 AM
    stxeph...
    do wwhat?
    08-13-08 02:43 AM
    stxeph
    what do i do?
    08-13-08 02:46 AM
    Have you tried posting your question in the "Ask your ATT Questions Here" thread with the sticky in the carrier folder? If there is a solution I'm pretty sure they'll get it to you!

08-13-08 02:46 AM
    Ive tried that!
    COME ON GUYS HELP ME OUT PLEASE!
    08-13-08 12:48 PM
    Hi... I have a gophone account and i bought an iPhone from someone. I get getting that ANNOYING system alert. And it would play an annoying noise and it seriously got on my nerves.

The only way i could fix the problem was by breaking into the phone and deleting the sound file that was going off everytime i got the system alert messages..

For instance:

\System\Audio\
    something.blah
    something2.blah

I found out which one was the same sound that was being played when i got the system alert... And i just deleted that thing!!!!

There is NOTHING we can do to stop the system alert messages. Those come directly from ATT and they refuse to stop them!

All we can do is delete the stupid sound file thats being played!

Now, i have NO CLUE how to get into the blackberrys internal folders!

Hope this helps!

Alright, I have a BB Curve 8310 for AT&T.

I use the Pay as You Go Service and everything works fine. I use SMS, MMS, Internet, everything. Everything is cool.
    For those of you who have used PayAsYou go you know that EVERYTIME you make/recieve phone calls, make/recieve messages and use the browser, the service sends you an alert saying "The last transaction cost X.XX USD. Your account balance is XX.XX USD." It is an automated alert that AT&T always sends no matter what. I went to the ATT store and call customer service and asked if that can be disabled and the answer is no. Ok thats fine then. But here is what DRIVE ME INSANE!!!! Everytime i get an alert it make a sound..."DAH DING" No matter what i do, no matter what profile I set it to IT ALWAYS MAKE A SOUND!!! I went under advance under profiles and made sure everything is on mute, and it is. But still it make a noise!! UGH! Its very frusterating. I want it to SHUT UP!!! Please help me out! How can i quite this noise!!!!!

Here are some pictures of what the alert looks like.

HELP ME SHUT UP THIS NOISE!
    PLEASE!
    02-01-09 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD