Question for the fellow-CBers --

Did the latest minor OS "upgrade" to 4.5.0.138 pork our ability to use GPS pucks and the 3rd party GPS software?

Neither AmazeGPS or BB Maps are finding satellites.

Thanks!

Posted this at the AmazeGPS forum:

Hi, all.

Just wondering if AmazeGPS no longer works with the Freedom Keychain. After charging the GPS puck, I paired it with my Verizon Wireless Curve 8330. Started AmazeGPS, but all I get is a "NO SAT" message.

I have already gone to Options > Advanced > GPS and made sure that the following settings are active:
    GPS Data Source - Keychain GPS 2000
    GPS Service - Location On

Running BB OS 4.5.0.138 and AmazeGPS 4.5.

Thanks much!
    09-25-09 10:09 PM
    If you are running 4.5.0.138, you can use the internal GPS with BBMaps. amAze will still work with the puck. The OS upgrade does not prevent you from using it.
    09-25-09 10:14 PM
    If you are running 4.5.0.138, you can use the internal GPS with BBMaps. amAze will still work with the puck. The OS upgrade does not prevent you from using it.
    Hi, Jeff.

Well, I was hoping to use Amaze this Monday, but considering I've paired the puck to my phone and made sure the phone is using the puck, I can't imagine why Amaze won't find any satellites.

Hmm...will try Nav4All - maybe better luck.
    09-25-09 10:28 PM
    Ah! n/m. Stood outside with the puck & phone and waited a couple minutes -- finally worked.

I suggest patience to anyone who finds this thread later on.
    09-25-09 10:54 PM
    I found I frequently had to perform this extra step after pairing my Freedom Keychain 2000, sometimes more than once.

After you have paired with the Blackberry, and with the Freedom Keychain 2000 turned ON, go to Manage Connections / Bluetooth Options / Keychain GPS 2000 / Menu / Device Properties / Menu / Refresh Service List.

You will first see the message: "Waiting for Keychain GPS 2000"

Watch closely. If next you see this message: "Unable to connect to Keychain GPS 2000" flash on the screen, turn the Keychain 2000 off and back on again and try again. You have to watch. The message will appear momentarily, then go away.

Once you have successfully refreshed the list, the blue light on the phone should start blinking.
    09-25-09 10:54 PM
    Okay...thank you for the important tip, Jeff!

I'll keep the info handy in the car.
    09-25-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD