How's it going everyone,

About 2 or 3 days ago I noticed that the hour glass (actually a clock due to my theme but I'll call it an hour glass to avoid confusion) was coiming up with almost everything I did on my Curve. Funny thing is that there was no apparent lag and no freezing at all. It only pops up for a millisecond to a second. It even comes up when a phone call is coming in but again the call comes through, shows up on the screen fine and from what I am being told by anyone calling me it isn't ringing on their end excessively, no more than once or twice before I answer.

I have checked everything that you can regarding memory and my memory is fine. Like I mentioned though there is no lag of any kind. Just the hour glass.

The only thing I can think of is the theme I am using. It is the Replica 8900 Premium Today Plus V2. I love it and have had it on for about a month or so now with no issues at all.

Anyone think it'll help if I were to uninstall and then reinstall the theme?

I'm not too worried about it right now since it isn't really effecting the usage of the BB. I am just concerned that it may effect it in the future...and probably the very near future if it does.

Thanks in advance for the help.

EDIT - I use my phone a lot for everything and do a battery pull once a week if not 2 or 3 times depending on internet use and downloading. Also I don't have many apps at all.

Here is what is what I have that is not OEM Software.
    Opera Mini
    Google Talk
    VZ Navigator
    BB App World
    Crack Berry App Store Launcher
    Google Maps
    Solitaire
    "Freetips" Tip calculator
    Last edited by mkurz12; 05-13-09 at 03:00 PM.
    05-13-09 02:50 PM
    Have you tried a preloaded theme to see if it does it then?

Or did it do it when using a preloaded theme?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 03:14 PM
    Have you tried a preloaded theme to see if it does it then?

Or did it do it when using a preloaded theme?

Nope, never did it with a pre loaded theme. Probably give that a try when I get home from work tonight.
    Actually since I like this theme so much I will probably uninstall and reinstall first. Then if that doesn't work, I'll try one of the pre loaded ones.

Thanks for the suggestion!
    05-13-09 03:50 PM
    I didn't like AppWorld at all. I could "see" my file free disappearing before my eyes during the course of the day. It is a memory hog, and I wouldn't recommend leaving it installed on your phone.
    05-13-09 04:07 PM
    Absolutely, I had App World for a few days and deleted it.

05-13-09 04:23 PM
    Well just got home and started looking through my BB and found a couple folders that Slacker Radio (got rid of it after a couple days) had created with a few items in them. I deleted them and now app world is gone and I'm about to pull the battery and see if that helped.

Then, if that doesn't do it the theme will be uninstalled and re installed. Then if that doesn't work I'll try one of the pre loaded ones.

Thanks again Blackngray70 and thanks xliderider
    05-13-09 06:05 PM
    Removed BB App World and it seemed to get rid of the clock/hourglass issue.
    If it comes back I'll trythe theme approach.

Thanks for your help much appreciated.
    05-13-09 07:58 PM
    Glad to help.

05-13-09 08:55 PM
    Well just got home and started looking through my BB and found a couple folders that Slacker Radio (got rid of it after a couple days) had created with a few items in them. I deleted them and now app world is gone and I'm about to pull the battery and see if that helped.

Then, if that doesn't do it the theme will be uninstalled and re installed. Then if that doesn't work I'll try one of the pre loaded ones.

Thanks again Blackngray70 and thanks xliderider
    You're welcome, glad I could be of assistance.

05-13-09 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD