First time poster, long time Crackberry surfer.....

I am trying to use the ALT + P and ALT + S within the Messages (mailbox) on the 8310 and nothing happens. On my device, ALT + P will display the Phone Calls log and ALT + S will display the SMS Messages?

I am totally baffled on this one. I have tried removing the battery, ensuring the software revisions are the same. We have changed all settings to match but still no luck.

The only different between the two devices is one is on a BES and the other is linked to a BellSouth / AT&T mailbox and not on a corporate BES?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    03-26-08 01:54 PM
    Try this: click on Menu while you are in Messages, then Search, then the Menu key, then Recall. It should show Alt key shortcuts that are available.
    03-26-08 02:25 PM
    I performed the search and it did not list all the options. It only listed the VoiceMail. Is there a way to add these "shortcuts"?
    03-26-08 04:21 PM
    I performed the search and it did not list all the options. It only listed the VoiceMail. Is there a way to add these "shortcuts"?
    Click on Menu while you are in Messages, then Search, then the Menu key, then Save.

This will bring up a windows with the heading "Save Search". First assign a title (ie Inbox, Sent, etc). Then you can assign an ALT + Letter combination. Then you can scroll through the options to define the behavior of that combo. There may be a simpler way so you may want to check back to see if there is a different approach.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 03-26-08 at 06:10 PM.
    03-26-08 06:06 PM
    I was able to duplicate settings from my Curve 8310 on the device having issues and it worked like a charm. Thanks to everyone who responded. The greatest part is this was the CIO's Blackberry and I did not even know that functionality was there.

Once again, thanks to haggisgirl! You were a life saver. I would be interested to see if anyone finds a way to do it automagically......
    03-27-08 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD