I recently ungraded to .55 but didn't like the sound quality so downgraded to .52 that worked fine for a few hrs then the keyboard would only allow me to type symbols or numbers. Battery pull no help. Downgraded to 4.2 and phone was better but alt key no longer works and shift buttons allow for caps but not numbers. No numbers locks me out of all my passwords. Any ideas, suggestions?
    09-06-08 08:43 PM
    I dunno... sounds pretty weird. Other than the first issue, sound, all others are keyboard related? Since sound issues are not a common concern with OS upgrades, I'm leaning toward a hardware problem.

Several software/firmware changes haven't fixed it, future similar changes as a solution don't bode well in my book.

Are you under warranty? Can you return to the original OS and test it? Or, at least with the original OS installed, you can take it to your service provider.

I have done 3 upgrades to newer OS, never had any issues.

Good luck!
    09-06-08 11:14 PM
    Yeah think its a hardware issue. Gonna call warranty and replace it tomorrow
    09-07-08 07:01 PM
    Replacing the phone via warranty. But there is a lot of flak aimed at the sound quality of the 8310 Curve .55 upgrade. .52 was noticeably better and louder. Even with boost on .55 the sound was to low and of very poor quality.
    09-09-08 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD