I have an Alltel BB 8330 that is 6 months old. We had a plan with Alltel for one BB and two regular phones. When Verizon took over, we found out about my husband's employee discount that could save us 25% per month...but we could only get this discount if he was on contract with Verizon (his is the only of the three phones out of contract).

So...Verizon is letting us upgrade all three phones at new contract prices. Well...that is all good...but they tell me that I need to "trash/sell" my Alltell BB and pay after rebate anywhere from $50 (curve) to $150 (storm) to $200 (tour).

I was wondering if these are all of my options. I mean is there a way to convert an Alltell BB to a Verizon capable BB? Or is at storm or tour worth the money? I must admit I just do not use my BB to its fullest...I get so frustrated with the slowness of the the browser and just have not found any apps that make me happy. Mostly I use email and the calendar and texting. (DH says just dump the BB and get a env Touch).

Any advice is welcome. Thank you.
    07-11-09 07:36 PM
    Get the tour, that's a helluva deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD