Hi All,

I just got a BB 8330 from Alltel that is all ESN clear and not in the denied list but I call Verizon and they can activate the phone cuz some Alltel promotion what ever she say.

There is any work around this? Can I unlock the phone and make it work some how?

Any help will be appreciate it

Thanks,
    09-26-09 02:29 PM
    No, you have to do it through Verizon. Why wouldn't you want to?

Unlocking only applies to GSM phones with SIM cards. Alltel/Verizon phones are CDMA and don't have SIM cards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 03:14 PM
    Thanks for the answer. Well, I do have a Verizon contract and currently have a BB Storm but I got this Alltel Curve (never tried one before) and I really like but I guess I will just have to sale it now... lol

Thanks for the help and if you know somebody looking for Alltel 8330 let me know... lol
    09-26-09 03:17 PM
    I just went through the exact same thing. Apparently, and this is what I got from several local reps as well as over the phone, Verizon will not support the handset itself. This is why they will not let you hook it up. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in...
    09-26-09 03:17 PM
    I just went through the exact same thing. Apparently, and this is what I got from several local reps as well as over the phone, Verizon will not support the handset itself. This is why they will not let you hook it up. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in...
    Thanks... I guess thats why you sold yours...

I will do the same, it is a shame because this is a nice phone! Now I will have to look for another one soon.
    09-26-09 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD