BB 8320- T-Mobile
    I am a new BB user and I desperately need help retrieving my icons. I changed my theme to Zen (I believe). I changed the background picture & also started to rearrange my icons. Instead of moving my calculator to the left it put into the Instant Messenger icon. I opened the icon & there was a folder to the left & the calculator to the right. Still trying to remove it I ended up putting my calculator icon into the empty folder. I went back to the menu section and I hide, then clicked show all or something I�m not to sure I�m still new at this. When I went back to the home screen all my icons were gone. I tried holding ALT & Trackball like T-Mobile told me to do but nothing happened.
    10-05-09 09:50 AM
    I had a customer's 8330 do that once. I re-installed the OS. The phone has been perfect since then.

Sorry, I don't have an easier fix.
    10-05-09 09:55 AM
    Thanks for trying to help, what is an OS?
    10-05-09 10:01 AM
    In the apps screen,hit menu, show all… If that does not work pull battery while device is on to reset… There is another way in options but I can't remember right now.
    10-05-09 10:20 AM
    Unfortunately nothing comes up when I press the menu button. My home screen only shows the highlighter when I move it back and forth where my icons should be. When I hit menu to view my icons it’s also blank. I have to hit a number button like I’m making and hit menu to get to my messages.
    10-05-09 10:46 AM
    Have you tried switch to another theme like the icon theme?
    10-05-09 10:59 AM
    No I can't, all my icons are gone and I'm unable to access my menus to change the theme.
    10-05-09 11:38 AM
    Have you tried the battery pull as plunkingtom suggested?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 11:40 AM
    Yeah that didn't work either. T-Mobile suggested I back-up my BB then reset applications from my laptop this morning. They said it may take about 40 min. I'll probably have to do it after work. I figured they were hidden because my highlighters still appear on my home screen but I just cant see the icons that should be there.
    10-05-09 12:45 PM
    Yeah that didn't work either. T-Mobile suggested I back-up my BB then reset applications from my laptop this morning. They said it may take about 40 min. I'll probably have to do it after work. I figured they were hidden because my highlighters still appear on my home screen but I just cant see the icons that should be there.
    This is probably the best route. I don't know the cause, but this does seem to be the best solution.
    10-05-09 01:56 PM
    Thank you everyone for all your help today.This is my fisrt day on CrackBerry & it was great!
    10-05-09 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD