I have a Blackberry Curve 8320. I've had my Berry for 2 months and is in fairly good shape. Tonight, just randomly all the keys on the phone became unresponsive. The rollerball will work (minus the button function). I've taken the battery out to reset the phone 5 or 6 times with the same result. The phone loads up and then is completely unresponsive. Has anyone had this problem before? What can I do to do a phone reset besides just taking the battery out? I haven't gotten the phone wet. I've maybe bounced the phone around a bit but nothing serious. Help please!
    03-22-08 04:36 AM
    Aww dude thats messed up, I had an issue with an 8320 I bought my hubby. I returned mine for a refund. is yours still under warranty? Sorry man
    03-22-08 06:08 AM
    Did you ever find a solution for this? Out of nowhere, my Curve starts up and I can see my entire screen. I can see all my TODAY info, including notification icons at the top. I can scroll up and down. However, I CANNOT select anything by "pressing" the rollerball. I also cannot select anything by typing any keys or pressing any buttons on the side. I have taken the battery out several times. The system reboots and I'm left with the same thing. I've tried plugging the phone in, and the odd thing is that the screen will go black after a few minutes. When I take the plug out, the screen comes back on - however, in a few minutes its black again. It won't go back on until I pull the battery again. I haven't had a chance to get to my Verizon store because we're all sick today and it is extremely cold and rainy here.
    10-28-08 06:46 PM
    i have the same problem and i do not know what to do, i've done everything possible..the only thing is the little strip in my battery is red indicating that it got wet, how do i fix it? i got my phone online so it does not have any warrinty or anything..HELP
    11-03-08 09:54 PM
    If you got the phone wet your out of luck unless you have insurance on it. Most of the time if the keys don't work it got wet, not necessarily submerged but if you were for example in the rain and talking on the phone thats just enough to make the keypad stop working.
    11-03-08 11:23 PM
    Those who purchased theirs from the provider, call and arrange a warranty exchange. I don't know what you can do soccerchic. Maybe you're eligible for an upgrade. I know there are some repair shops around if you want to see if it can be fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 11:31 PM
    If it was moisture Schic, you can put it in a bowl of rice for a day or so and see if that will draw the moisture out. Good luck!

11-03-08 11:32 PM
    All the batteries have a red strip, it's when the entire sticker is red that it indicates water damage.

I had the keypad lockup happen recently with my phone. There was nothing to fix it, I had to get a new one.
    11-04-08 12:51 AM
    All the batteries have a red strip, it's when the entire sticker is red that it indicates water damage.

I had the keypad lockup happen recently with my phone. There was nothing to fix it, I had to get a new one.
    The whole sticker doesn't have to be red, i've seen just half of it red and it still got a little wet.
    11-04-08 07:13 AM
    Call thw company and they can rest ur phone or try messing wqith the shift keys something will give. Mine was locked for three days days. They said to do an app loader but didn't havew a computer. My friend was messing with shift keys then it asked for passwoed and did a qipe and my phone was back to normal.

11-04-08 07:14 AM
    Call thw company and they can rest ur phone or try messing wqith the shift keys something will give. Mine was locked for three days. They said to do an app loader but didn't have a computer. My friend was messing with shift keys then it asked for password and did a wipe and my phone was back to normal.

11-04-08 07:15 AM
    Call the company and they can rest ur phone or try messing with the shift keys something will give. Mine was locked for three days. They said to do an app loader but didn't have a computer. My friend was messing with shift keys then it asked for password and did a wipe and my phone was back to normal.

11-04-08 07:15 AM
    Hey all,
    First off- I love this site. It's been a great resource for troubleshooting, themes, and the rest.

Second off- plug in your blackberry to your computer and delete your google mobile app

I'm not sure if this will do the trick, but here's my story:

I'm on my third blackberry curve 8330, all three (including my current) have had this exact same problem of everything locking up except the ability to scroll with the trackball (which doesn't help when you can't click anything, which leads to the screen fading out after a bit of inactivity)

So i took my third blackberry to the verizon store and it started working RIGHT before i showed the guy that it wasn't working. Great timing. He said, though, that it's been a common problem that if you use google mobile/facebook mobile a lot and exit the applications with the red button they have been known to lock up the phone.

So, the tentative solution: Always use the menu > close/exit funtion to close google mobile and facebook mobile (and try deleting them through desktop manager if your phone is currently locked out

I have no proof that it's the right solution, since my phone started working on its own for now, but give it a try
    05-24-10 04:16 PM
    the letter E on my phone and the number 2 dont even respond...im sick of 8520...never had problems with nokia before at all
    11-29-10 01:22 AM
    i have the Blackberry 9330 white, recently the keys have stopped working, i could try removing facebook but i have a password lock, and when i pug it into the computor i have to type it in on my phone before i do anything else, but as the keys arnt working i cant do that. what else can i do? i cant take it to the shop because i was given it by a mate and i cant get it repaired because im skint is there any other way of fixing it?
    09-18-12 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD