Let me run this one by all of you and see if any of you have had this experience...

For no reason, emails start coming into the handheld. These emails are all old... some from weeks ago. All of these emails have been read before, but just keep coming.
    After about 30 minutes and hundreds of emails, it stops, then you have to go and delete them 1 at a time because I dont know how to do a mass delete on the handheld.
    This Curve in question is not on a B.E.S. It gets everything sent to it directly or forwarded from 2 G-Mail accounts.

Why does this happen? anyone? anyone?

Thanks
    08-15-07 01:56 PM
    I'm having this happen as well, on my Pearl. Emails from gmail also. Maybe it's a gmail thing?? (also, it happens quite frequently, and has been for months. Sometimes it's hundreds of emails. Tho I *do* know how to mass delete, luckily!
    08-15-07 03:42 PM
    this has happened to me too, gmail also. i don't know why it's doing it, but i also know how to mass delete. hit the cap-key ( ↑aA) and scroll to highlight all the emails you want deleted. good luck!
    08-15-07 11:28 PM
    In messages, go to the line that has the DATE, then press menu / delete prior - that's another option!
    Relletti likes this.
    08-16-07 06:51 AM
    the problem is that they are all dated the time they're sent, so like it's happening to me right now (again!!) so they're all today at 3:36. they're all sent like that... this is really annoying.
    08-16-07 05:41 PM
    Might want to check your settings in your gmail account.
    08-16-07 11:17 PM
    thank god i am not the only one! its been happening more and more. i even updated my POP settings on gmail for e-mails from todays date on, and its still pulling old e-mails pre-today!!!!!!! how can we fix this??????
    08-20-07 08:30 PM
    I updated the software on my device last night and so far (knock on wood) it hasnt done it again....
    08-21-07 03:44 PM
    after this happening for the 4th time, i just archived everything, luckily i can easily look up what i want. hopefully, it will stop sending everything in the inbox again.
    08-23-07 06:59 PM
    ...alternatively, try the OS reinstall and see what happens. Either way, keep us posted.
    08-23-07 08:24 PM
    It's not a device issue. It's a Blackberry/Gmail issue and occurs when lots of emails are stored in the GMail mailbox. Archiving or deleting should help with the problem. I've heard they're working on a fix but no idea how long until it's resolved. Keep in mind that GMail is still "beta."
    08-24-07 02:03 AM
    im getting the same problem and its really annoying, my phone will just go off for 5min receiving all these emails, my mailbox is up to 600 emails on the blackberry and my gmail account only has about 50.

some help would be much appreciated
    08-30-07 10:49 AM
    ok, so archiving didn't work, i now only have about 10 msg in the inbox, with thousands archived. but for some strange reason, 148 got sent to my bb again. those in the inbox, as well as a hundred+ from the archived folder.
    08-30-07 11:16 PM
    Hmmm this may be somethin to try, it does not make much sense but ya never know, go into gmail under the settings/pop tab..disable pop then re-enable it using the option ''Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on'' this technically shouldn't apply to BB emails but who knows, may just work
    08-30-07 11:24 PM
    last night at about 1230 I started getting the same email thousands of time, literally over 2300 times. I called my internet provider and they shut down my email account. The sending computer was not even on. That allowed me to remove my email account off my BB. Amazingly, as soon as the BB was out of the loop, they stopped.

Problem is now, I can't get my email set back up on the BB.
    01-19-08 11:44 AM
    problem solved, virus in the sending computer tied up the internet providers email server. BB back online Whew!!
    01-19-08 12:00 PM
    Same here- I thought it was just me until I found this. I use gmail, my email works fine all the time sending and receiving but I will get ALL of my spam at once, usually when I am sleeping (how convenient)
    01-25-08 04:10 PM
    This is very strange. I have my gmail account (over imap so that when I log into gmail things are marked as read) and I've never had this problem. Something sort of similar is when you receive a bunch of emails, and you delete them...the blackberry tries to recover them so it re-downloads the deleted emails. For me, this is necessary ones every 2 or so months, since I use mutt for all my unix accounts, and it can take up to 3-4 minutes to load my large inbox. Other than this, no automatic problems. Also, not sure if you are aware, but BIS only checks for new mail every 15 minutes and if there is new mail, it re-checks in 3 after that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-08 12:52 AM
    my yahoo email started doing this yesterday. today it did it for the 4th time. i woke up to 804 messages. ???
    04-12-08 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD