I know there has to be a way to do it but I can't figure out how to:

1) Get my blackberry to beep or something when I get an email and/or text

2) View my email in the HTML version.

If someone can lead me to the post within here that explains it I'd appreciate it,I checked the FAQ and didn't find anything.
    05-21-08 10:41 PM
    Click on ringer app "the speaker" scroll down to advance the with the particular loudness version highlighted, click on your menu button to the left of your trackball. From there, you can change and add tones to all your alerts and emails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-08 11:51 PM
    Thanks I think my device is missing applications or something. I had to call in to have them send me the set up email icon and some other things. I don't have a speaker icon! UGH

Thank you though, looks like I'll be calling Verizon in the morning!
    05-21-08 11:56 PM
    I know there has to be a way to do it but I can't figure out how to:

1) Get my blackberry to beep or something when I get an email and/or text

2) View my email in the HTML version.

If someone can lead me to the post within here that explains it I'd appreciate it,I checked the FAQ and didn't find anything.
    For number 1, go to Profiles, select Advanced, and the Profile you require, and then you can set all your preferences there.

For number 2, depends on which OS you're using. Any OS before OS4.5 cannot view HTML natively, which means you need a 3rd party app. But then again, I'm playing around with beta OS4.5 on my Curve, and I still can't view HTML emails myself. Maybe it's because it's still in beta...
    05-21-08 11:58 PM
    Thanks! I think you're right on the OS because I can't view it no matter what method I try. I did get the "dings" to play when I want them to thanks to the above help
    05-22-08 12:55 AM
    I had the HTML email issue as well. I haven't found a GOOD free method. I am, however, using a reasonably priced BBsmart software. Go to the CrackBerry store and you should be able to search for "BBsmart".

It basically is an extension to the mail app in BlackBerry OS and nothing is different except you get addition features and nice HTML emails. I believe there is a free trial available.

It is pretty customizable and does a great job. Highly recommended.
    05-22-08 01:07 AM
    Thanks for the recommendation. I think I'll try this and uh WOW there's lots of stuff that's tempting over there
    05-23-08 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD