This might have been asked before but I wanna just find out something real quick.

When I use AIM there is a 3 second sending time for most of my message to send and a receiving time as well. On Jivetalk or other IM services is there also a delay or is it faster?

Thank you
    06-06-08 11:11 PM
    So JiveTalk is faster bc Im all about the speed of the IMs
    06-06-08 11:20 PM
    You should download the 30 day free trial and see for yourself.
    06-06-08 11:24 PM
    Yes, JiveTalk is instantaneous!! I suspect your problem might me that what you're currently using is transmitting the conversation via SMS (texting) instead of using data and transmitting via the actual I'm client (AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, etc). Therefore, the delay is the same as what you have between sending a text message to someone and them actually receiving it, because that is exactly what you're doing! If you read the links that Sunkast has so painstakingly gathered for you, I'm sure you will find a great deal of discussion about I'm clients that use a phone's SMS service vs those that use data to transmit messages.

Of the 3rd party I'm applications available I believe that JiveTalk is the BEST, hands down, without question! I've used two or three other data-based applications and they just aren't even comparable!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-08 11:30 PM
    Thank you for the help
    06-06-08 11:34 PM
    Downloading jivetalk now. Looking forward to using AIM and Yahoo messenger simultaneously and not worrying about how many "texts" I use via IM.
    06-06-08 11:49 PM
    I recommend webmessenger..free app and it is almost the same quality as JiveTalk. I just finished the free trial and JiveTalk is nice but not worth paying for with WebMessenger around IMHO!!!
    06-07-08 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD