I officially give up after spending most of my shift at work to figure it out, no amount of searching helped.

I'm using aim 2.1.37 from the bb download area. Problem is, it refuses to give any notification updates. Worked fine until yesterday, would place a icon at the top of the screen, flash the red led, etc. I get nothing now, only way to get any replies is to force a update of the list inside aim and then I can see the replies

I'm on sprint, unlimited data/text/etc. Tried getting new service books, took the battery out for 10 minutes, uninstalled/reinstalled aim. Etc. What gives? It makes no sense. Yim/msn work fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-08 12:42 PM
    Curve 8330 also. Removed all apps also except a few I need, no fix. System is not out of memory

10-11-08 12:44 PM
    I'm havein this same problem and sprint can't do anything about it and if you try callin aol there's nobody to help you which also is dum bein that aim is very popular smh idu but idk a solution yet but if I find out wud be sure to post if anyone HAS A SOLUTION feel free to email me [email protected]
    10-11-08 03:26 PM
    Double check the notification settings for your profiles.
    10-11-08 03:35 PM
    Same problem here all day today
    10-11-08 07:09 PM
    Same problem here all day today
    I've done everything I can on my end phone wise from every type of reset to reprovisioning it, sending new service books, reinstalls, etc. I'm suspecting a junk version of the aim client.

About last week the service was just flat line dead, aim had been offline for at least 5+ hours according to some people. I had un/reinstalled the client then and a few times after that if I remember correctly, suspect that's how this possible bad version sneaked in....

Probably all we can do is keep a eye out for updates

10-11-08 08:29 PM
    I hope this is a temporary problem, since I am also having the same issues along with others (http:/ /forums.crackberry.com/f70/problem-aim-81549/ )

From all that I've read, it seems to be a server problem on AOLs end and not directly about the carrier (ATnT btw)

I can send messages just fine just like everyone (checked with two computers logged in with diff names) but cannot receive IMs unless I do a hard refresh of the list.
    10-11-08 09:28 PM
    I'm having the same issue on sprint......strange I can only get message if I refresh the list while in aim its really annoying

10-11-08 09:57 PM
    Any updates on this issue so far? Seems weird it only affects the aim client and not aftermarket clients

10-12-08 11:28 AM
    I've had the same issue all week. I can message on aim, but I don't receive a reply unless I 'refresh the list'. Everything else on my phone is working fine. Aim on my comp is working correctly. It's very annoying.
    10-12-08 11:41 AM
    I highly doubt its AOL problem because my messages are sent and people reply but I guess RIMS servers arnt sending them back because after refreshing my buddy list I receive the I.Ms from my friends.....

I miss the A.I.M client on my Sidekick

10-12-08 12:36 PM
    I am also on the Sprint/Nextel network and am having the same problem. It started yesterday 10/11, hope it gets fixed soon. I have a feeling it's something wrong with the network
    10-12-08 03:21 PM
    Heavily ironic I pay my bill then this breaks. What am I paying for again?

10-12-08 03:50 PM
    my aim is working just fine... i'd check notifications settings...
    10-12-08 04:03 PM
    Yeah I'm having the exact same issue... I thought it was an issue w/ only my BB, tried reinstalling AIM, didn't help, I think this is an issue on RIM's end.
    10-12-08 04:07 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I think its a sprint/nextel problem. My emails are also getting to my BB way after it was sent.
    10-12-08 04:24 PM
    Sprint keeps this up and doesn't take responsiblity/fix it asap I'm telling them to cancel my service with no termination fee and going elsewhere. Have had nothing but hassles from them since getting this blackberry

10-12-08 04:47 PM
    I'm speaking to Sprint Tech Support on chat at the moment, and this is what he has said:

"There seems to be a third party content outage in this area. My apologies for network status. the outage reads as : Customers in the National area may experience difficulties with 3rd Party Content and can experience 3rd Party Content - Out of service issues There is no mentions of correction time however it is noted that no additional tickets be created as the network agents are aware and are working on corrective steps. Just to inform you that this is an national outage. This may of may not affect some customers and the degree of no service may vary as well."

He's currently speaking to a Blackberry Agent about the situation and I'll have an update on this situation as soon as I'm told what the deal is.
    10-12-08 04:58 PM
    its not only sprint... but verizon too. i have to refresh to see any response.

also my BBM messages are a little delayed..
    10-12-08 06:20 PM
    I have the same exact problem on my blackberry 3303. I got the phone on Saturday and then on Friday it stopped receiving IM's on AIM but i could still send them. I've tried everything, and im going to call spring and see what they say about it.
    If theres any update on the issue please PM me.
    10-12-08 11:26 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my BB. I got a new one on Friday because the rollerball on my old one wasn't going left and right.

Anyway...I can't get incoming IMs from AIM. I have to refresh anytime I want to see them. Also, my memory card is missing. I think the girl at the Sprint Store took it out of my old phone and meant to put it in the new one and never did. Could that be part of the problem?
    Last edited by vallucaj; 10-13-08 at 03:21 AM. Reason: needed to add a few things
    10-13-08 02:55 AM
    Out of curiosity, where abouts are you people that are also having issues receiving AIM messages?

I'm surprised there hasn't been more replies to this thread, (if this is an issue outside Sprints network)

I'm in the Ventura County area of California.

- Mitalis
    10-13-08 10:11 AM
    I'm in anaheim california

10-13-08 10:15 AM
    Dang, me too! I've been having SAME problems since Friday. I thought my friends were just ignoring me. I can send messages but I cannot recieve unless I do refresh list. I'm with Sprint. My friends who has BB curve with Tmobile do NOT have this problem. I guess this has to be on Sprint's side! Grr! I'm from Waco, TX.
    10-13-08 11:08 AM
    Ok so this IS a national outage.. Crazy. And it doesn't seem to be isolated to one specific carrier either... Man I hope they get this fixed soon.. I'm going nuts here.
    10-13-08 11:11 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD