Alright so why can I not find a free version of AOL Instant Messenger anymore? My friend who got a BB over the summer has it and got it for free from blackberry.com but I cannot seem to find it anymore

Any help guys?
    11-15-08 10:17 PM
    blackberry.com/aim
    11-15-08 10:19 PM
    it says software not supported...
    11-15-08 10:31 PM
    I googled it the first day I got my bb and dled it no prob. For free... This was last week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 10:34 PM
    The only way I got it to install on mine was when I went under the bookmarks in the bb browser and clicked on the download aim bookmark....I got the not supported error when I actually went to the bb aim site as well

11-15-08 10:36 PM
    If you go to blackberry's mobile page from your BB you can download it for free under applications --> staying in touch --> AOL IM.

11-15-08 10:58 PM
    Resend your service books.
    11-15-08 11:02 PM
    Does anybody have the problem where is disconnect you out of nowhere and when I want to use it when u send a message it says logged out?

11-15-08 11:08 PM
    Does anybody have the problem where is disconnect you out of nowhere and when I want to use it when u send a message it says logged out?

Yeah thats a problem I get quite often... Hopefully it will get fixed...
    11-15-08 11:10 PM
    The link is right on BlackBerry's homepage. Go get it.

http://mobile.blackberry.com/redirec...externalLink=1

11-15-08 11:18 PM
    www.blackberry.com/instantmessaging worked for me perfectly. But /aim told me my device was not supported
    11-15-08 11:51 PM
    The link I put up there is the one to go to from your device to download the application. I use it all the time and it works fine -- as long as you have AIM installed on your PC. You need it on your PC to register and get a password so you can log on to the IM app from your device.
    11-16-08 03:32 AM
    It still says my BB isnt supported. Someone said something about resending service books or something. HOw would I do that?
    11-16-08 10:50 AM
    Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books. You can also log onto your provider's page from your pc and send them from there.

Also do a reset after:

press your alt-right shift-delete keys for a soft reset. Just when your screen lights up again, press those keys again for a hard reset.
    11-16-08 11:12 AM
    I always see this question get asked by people on ATT, and everyone always tries to answer it as if you are not on ATT:

It has nothing to do with your service books, etc. It's because you're on att. Go to the search at the top of this page and look for a thread titled IMPORTANT: aim and icq enabled on all carriers. Within the first 3 pages of that thread you should be able to find the answer to your question, it just requires changing a few simple things around, pm me if you have any questions.
    11-16-08 11:49 AM
    Does anyone know, when you download this AIM application from Blackberry, if it uses data usage or SMS usage?
    11-19-08 08:49 AM
    11-19-08 08:51 AM
    yeah its data usage.

I use IM+ as it includes msn, yahoo and aim... much more convenient
    11-19-08 09:49 AM
    I just downloaded aim on to my BB but when i click sign in, it says "service not enabled for this handheld". what is that?
    11-19-08 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD