i was just wondering how i can put AIM onto my 8310!
    12-30-08 02:34 PM
    blackberry.com/AIM from your BB Browser or it might be already bookmarked in your browsers bookmarks

Try both because on my Curve, it will say AIM is not supported if I punch in the link, but when I click the bookmark in the browser that was preset at the manufacturers, it installs and works perfectly. Go Figure
    12-30-08 02:39 PM
    well you can get the default im app from the media net (messaging) or you can use jivetalk (beejive.com 30day free trial after that you can purchase if you like)
    12-30-08 02:41 PM
    Careful how you use this one, if you don't close it out it will drain your battery and eat up memory and it will do so very quickly I found this out and deleted it by the end of the day
    12-30-08 02:42 PM
    thanks!! how do i delete applications if i no longer want them??
    12-30-08 02:48 PM
    Careful how you use this one, if you don't close it out it will drain your battery and eat up memory and it will do so very quickly I found this out and deleted it by the end of the day
    Curious.. I keep my AIM open 24/7 on my BB and no abnormal battery drain. I also keep YIM open 24/7. In fact, I'd say that my 8310 with those apps open constantly uses significantly less battery than my 8300 without the apps, and in my 8310 I'm using the old battery from the 8300, so I know it's not just a fresh battery.

Memory is ok too. I usually hang around 15XXXXXX at the lowest.
    12-30-08 03:31 PM
    thanks!! how do i delete applications if i no longer want them??
    Options>Advanced Options>Applications

Highlight what you want to delete, then 'Delete' is the second option on the menu.
    12-30-08 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD