ok my fone locks every 15 mins.. and its locked now.. i put my password in and it says incorrect.. did it 3 times still not workin.. but now when i type in the password it doesnt show the asteriks.. it shows the actually letters and numbers?! i have 1 mroe try before my stuff is erased!?! which i dont want! wat do i do!!
    02-04-08 08:44 PM
    I thought you had 10 times before it erased your data.

I don't understand if your phone locks every 15 mins, what's the problem remembering it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-08 08:53 PM
    i remember my password! ive put it in 4 times! and it keeps sayin incorrect! what the **** do i do?!

and u can change the number of times u can input ur lock code.
    02-04-08 08:55 PM
    Yep you can cange the number of times you can input your lock code.

Are you sure you didnt make your first letter a capital letter on your actual password and making it lower case now? or something that would show as incorrect do the case-sensitive?
    02-04-08 09:37 PM
    whoops forgot to post:

to change the amount of times you can attempt to unlock oyur phone go to

Options - Security Options - General Settings. And at the top there you can change it all up
    02-04-08 09:38 PM
    i kno that.. to late my fone master reset.. there wasnt nothin i could do.. the fone wasnt takin my password. it was simple numbers nuttin special
    02-04-08 09:41 PM
    Man the same thing happened to me Sunday and it did it again and instead of me putting in my password I just hit cancel and it work!! go figure WTF!!
    02-04-08 10:15 PM
    That's a drag, hopefully you didn't lose to much valuable files.

On my 8800 it has a password to unlock but I have no idea how to get rid of the password! When I goto the general settings for security there is the little red lock to the option where you can disable it - but there is no way (that I know of) to get rid of the red lock to disable. Any ideas?

02-05-08 09:35 AM

On my 8800 it has a password to unlock but I have no idea how to get rid of the password! When I goto the general settings for security there is the little red lock to the option where you can disable it - but there is no way (that I know of) to get rid of the red lock to disable. Any ideas?

Davey this is what i tried and it worked to get rid of the red lock symbol:

So I sat here and played with the phone for a little while to see what I may have changed to get the setting and I realized that there is an option under media card for Encryption Mode and I set that to security password. So I went in to change the setting to none and when I went back into disable my password the red lock was no longer there and i was able to disable it. Hopefully that works for you. Let me know!
    02-05-08 09:41 AM

i knew i wasnt crazy.. someone else had to have gone throught what i did. w.e i just let it master reset.. cingular said they couldnt do nuttin.. wasted 2 hours. didnt even bother going to the store. no more passwords for me.
    02-05-08 04:20 PM
    Davey this is what i tried and it worked to get rid of the red lock symbol:

So I sat here and played with the phone for a little while to see what I may have changed to get the setting and I realized that there is an option under media card for Encryption Mode and I set that to security password. So I went in to change the setting to none and when I went back into disable my password the red lock was no longer there and i was able to disable it. Hopefully that works for you. Let me know!
    OMG girl!!! I love you!!! this has been bothering me for the longest time and you saved my 8310 from being in the trash!

thanks!
    05-27-08 11:58 PM
    ok my fone locks every 15 mins.. and its locked now.. i put my password in and it says incorrect.. did it 3 times still not workin.. but now when i type in the password it doesnt show the asteriks.. it shows the actually letters and numbers?! i have 1 mroe try before my stuff is erased!?! which i dont want! wat do i do!!

I have the same problem .had a very simple security password for a 8310 which was working on every day without any problems.
    After I installed the software on the pc I used the cable to connect to and it asked me for the password..surprize! the same security password was not accepted when I tried to connect to it with a laptop.Then I tried to change the security password from the device itself and also was not working (the password was'nt recognized).Something strange happened because the password was not 'hidden' anymore (instead of default with "****" now it shows me on display what letters I type).

Now I'm on final attempt..If I didn't make it the device will get locked.....The password changed by itself???Why is not working anymore?What to do now?No one change it.
    06-11-08 01:42 PM
    If you're running on BES its probably a requirement of your company that all phones be locked after a predetermined amount of time. If you're one of these folks there's absolutely no way to get this changed unless you have a friend in IT.
    06-11-08 02:38 PM
    If you're running on BES its probably a requirement of your company that all phones be locked after a predetermined amount of time. If you're one of these folks there's absolutely no way to get this changed unless you have a friend in IT.

Yes,its a requirement and I'm representing the local IT for the company.
    The BES server is actually on other country and I make requests for some email accounts and they activate them for me with a default password.Subsequently I change default password ....but I don't understand why the password changed by itself because it was used every day and after I plugged the cable everything was changed...and the same password used 10 minutes before now its not recognized..They always announced me when we have some things to change in the configuration and now I'm sure that the problem is local(or from device itself).I'll also talk with them..but I'm sure that they have nothing to do with this...
    06-11-08 04:14 PM
    im know too sure how to use this site, so just throwing this question out there. i was playing around with my phone and put a password on it, i know the password and all, but i want to disable it? how do i do this lol?
    12-29-09 03:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD