I have a VZW 8330..I am still running the 4.5.077 OS and havent had any issues so am leary to upgrade..curious what the pros/cons are to upgrading..

JC
    05-31-09 05:27 PM
    Do you have a speakerphone blast when you answer a call?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by blackngray70; 05-31-09 at 06:50 PM.
    05-31-09 05:28 PM
    I am curious about this too...I get the speakerphone blast but I don't use my phone for calls that much so its not really a big deal to me...are there any other fixes/features that are different?
    05-31-09 05:31 PM
    No speakerblast...pretty happy with the phone end as well as the pda end of it...havent really had any issues.

JC
    05-31-09 05:35 PM
    Don't fix what ain't broke.
    05-31-09 05:51 PM
    I am curious about this too...I get the speakerphone blast but I don't use my phone for calls that much so its not really a big deal to me...are there any other fixes/features that are different?
    If you have speakerblast, the best OS is probably 4.5.0.131 to rid yourself of the problem.

.138 and .160 have some problems, .131 seems to be the most stable.

05-31-09 05:56 PM
    I was very leery to upgrade too but I decided to go for it today and it went fine. I was also still running 4.5.077. I have the speakerphone blast every once in a while too. I figured, if it doesn't go well or I have problems, I'll go back to .077. So far there aren't any issues and I do have more memory.
    05-31-09 05:56 PM
    JCook111, if you don't have the speakerphone blast or any other issues then you should just stick with .77.

If you do decide to upgrade then take xlideriders advice and go with .131

05-31-09 06:03 PM
    amosrock, the newer 4.5 builds all have bugs but IMO that speakerphone blast is extremely annoying.

.131 is probably the most stable and it fixes the speakerphone blast but you might pickup a backlight lag when waking the BB up and an answer call lag where there is a couple second delay when answering a call.

I don't know if these bugs happen with everybody running .131 but they happen to me.

05-31-09 06:13 PM
    amosrock, the newer 4.5 builds all have bugs but IMO that speakerphone blast is extremely annoying.

.131 is probably the most stable and it fixes the speakerphone blast but you might pickup a backlight lag when waking the BB up and an answer call lag where there is a couple second delay when answering a call.

I don't know if these bugs happen with everybody running .131 but they happen to me.

Yeah I've noticed the backlight lag with .160. It's kind of annoying but I'll deal with it if it fixes the speakerphone blast. What makes .131 more stable than .160? I figured upgrading to the newest would be the best. I'm dumb when it comes to all this technology stuff. Sorry!
    05-31-09 06:17 PM
    For some, .160 (and .138) has RF issues where the BB will cycle between 1XEV, 1x, and 1xev. A *228, option 2 to update the PRL doesn't correct it, in fact, it can precipitate it.

Some have reported other audio problems where there is a high-pitched sound that repeats at various intervals.

Also, some have had problems of their ringer profile settings being lost.

05-31-09 06:25 PM
    Some have reported other audio problems where there is a high-pitched sound that repeats at various intervals.

I actually get this happening fairly often on .077....doesn't bother me at all but I always wonder what it is
    05-31-09 06:34 PM
    Sorry to be ignorant, but what is the speakerphone blast? I'm still using my original OS as well..
    05-31-09 06:37 PM
    Sorry to be ignorant, but what is the speakerphone blast? I'm still using my original OS as well..
    When you answer an incoming call the speakerphone will turn on for a split second resulting in a fairly loud noise usually...

I dunno...really doesnt bother me that much...I think the backlight delay you guys were talking about would bother me more
    05-31-09 06:39 PM
    When you get a phone call and answer, the caller will be on speakerphone for a second or 2. It can get annoying, especially in public and the person on the phone always asks me "what was that?!"
    05-31-09 06:39 PM
    Is battery life improved at all with any of the new versions? And will it free up any extra memory?
    05-31-09 06:40 PM
    Hmmm I don't think I've had that happen yet?
    05-31-09 06:42 PM
    Quite a bit of extra memory with the .13X/.160 OS upgrades. The OS feels faster and more responsive as well.

Battery life is maybe marginally better.

05-31-09 06:43 PM
    Quite a bit of extra memory with the .13X/.160 OS upgrades. The OS feels faster and more responsive as well.

Battery life is maybe marginally better.

Hmmm...better battery life even at all would help me out...Memory isn't a huge deal but might be worth updating for.
    05-31-09 06:44 PM
    Hmmm...better battery life even at all would help me out...Memory isn't a huge deal but might be worth updating for.
    Here's a link for the Sprint .131 OS:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E

Remove the vendor.xml file prior to loading. If you get the backlight lag, press the space bar or enter key to wake your BB up instead of using the trackball.
    05-31-09 06:48 PM
    If you get the backlight lag, press the space bar or enter key to wake your BB up instead of using the trackball.
    Thank you for this tip.
    05-31-09 08:38 PM
    Thanks for the replies...does anyone have a link to the 131 OS for Verizon? I dont see what OS VZW has ..Thanks again for the replies..much appreciated!

JC
    05-31-09 08:42 PM
    Latest OS for Verizon is an archaic 4.5.0.77

.131 is a Sprint OS.

05-31-09 08:52 PM
    For some reason, i'm not having the backlight lag anymore. Now the OS seems perfect to me. It's faster, there's more memory and no more speakerphone blast.
    06-01-09 05:41 PM
    I use the same os i belive if it works dont fix it mine delivers the goods.
    06-01-09 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD