My 8310 Curve is running 4.2.2.176 and I was wondering what would I would gain by upgrading to the latest O.S. version? Any potential problems also?!
    07-26-08 03:43 AM
    I have 8320 T-mobile version. I upgraded to 4.5.x.x Orange official firmware.

I have no problems at all! Infact, I am happy I did it. The push email is html, the web browser is improved, and memory leak seems to be gone. I truly love it.

I really dont know what T-mobile version of this firmware will add when it comes out in couple weeks!?
    07-26-08 04:28 AM
    I also have t-mo and I expect there won't be much difference except the myfaves will look better.
    The official Orange version is very stable with no problems on my 8320. The video cam is cool and voice notes is very handy. You can also create playlists in 4.5 and the fonts are much improved making the calendar, contacts, etc., look much better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 04:41 AM
    I updated my 8310 with the 4.5 os and it tweaks so bad on me. My phone would reboot every ******** minute. I just went back down to 4.2. I mat try the 4.55 os
    07-26-08 05:08 AM
    I don't know the difference btwn the 4.5 on your device and my 8320, but I do like the upgrade. The video camera is very cool and it works great. The streaming video could work better in Edge. Overall, I like it, but I'm waiting for the next version to fix a couple little things like edit - I lost the ability to edit things like my entries here in CB.

07-26-08 06:06 AM
    I can't even get the darn thing to upgrade
    07-26-08 08:28 AM
    I'm waiting for the official T-Mobile release. I'm done with betas and othe carrier releases

07-26-08 08:31 AM
    I'm waiting for the official T-Mobile release. I'm done with betas and othe carrier releases

Why? What's wrong with other carrier upgrades? lol
    07-26-08 08:53 AM
    If you search, there are many threads dedicated to the advantages and disadvantages of upgrading your os, problems encountered and solutions for these problems.

07-26-08 10:30 AM
    I have an 8310 and love the upgrade. I have not experienced any of other's problems. Everything is as normal. I love the video camera, html email and web. The only hang up I had was at first install, it said that there was not enough memory to install the upgrade. (Only because I did not follow instructions by wiping the device). Once I wiped, the upgrade went smooth. The only other issue was surreal. It does not work on this OS. The last issue was the memory card. I had to format the card. If you have to format yours, of course make sure you copy all your info back to your pc. The other carrier's upgrade has no importance. The upgrade is DEVICE specific. I'm just not sure why it' taking AT&T so long to release theirs. I would say if you're not sure...just wait until the carrier releases.
    07-26-08 12:29 PM
    I have an 8310 as well. I am running .46 which is really stable so far. What I dont like is that the mms seems to be taking longer to send and i get a serious delay in my bbm. I will try to free up some space and see how that works this weekend. But other than that A OK
    07-26-08 12:33 PM
    I have 8320 T-mobile version. I upgraded to 4.5.x.x Orange official firmware.

I have no problems at all! Infact, I am happy I did it. The push email is html, the web browser is improved, and memory leak seems to be gone. I truly love it.

I really dont know what T-mobile version of this firmware will add when it comes out in couple weeks!?
    Tmobile is coming out with their version in a couple weeks? I didn't know that.

I upgraded my Curve, I really missed not having a video camera. So that was a big plus for me. I also got rid of Empower, because I like the html email better. Helps with my memory too.
    07-26-08 12:35 PM
    I have an 8310 as well. I am running .46 which is really stable so far. What I dont like is that the mms seems to be taking longer to send and i get a serious delay in my bbm. I will try to free up some space and see how that works this weekend. But other than that A OK
    I aslo agree with Cut on .46. That was a solid release. I would use .46 or .52 over .55. JMO
    07-26-08 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD