Ok I know we're all tired of seeing threads bold vs curve and pearl vs curve etc etc but I just got my 8330, it literally just came out with Sprint. Now everyone is talking about the bold.

My question is...is there a huge difference between an 8330 and a bold other than the increased memory it has?? I'm not sure of the difference between other curves like the 8310....

Personally I don't like the look of the bold as much as the curve but it seems like people are talking about it so much, maybe I'm missing something?

Anyway at the rate at which sprint releases phones, I don't think it'd even see one until the year 2012 lol I'm just curious.
    06-05-08 01:11 PM
    This is a great thread to check out...http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bla...-review-33837/
    06-05-08 01:17 PM
    also this is a great one to read and it gives you all the specs on the BOLD...BlackBerry Bold - Features and Specifications! | CrackBerry.com
    06-05-08 01:23 PM
    I've got the 8330 from Sprint and I love it. Word is that the 9000/Bold will be released with GSM providers in July with CDMA releases to be only a month after. This kind of disappointed me, but the major features aren't THAT big a deal coming from 8330 users (my opinion). 3G is great, but we have an EVDO device granted its only REV.0. Same thing goes for the WIFI feature, its nice but to me it may not be that big of a deal.

I don't know what I'm saying, I payed 300 with an upgrade for my 8330 what's a couple hundred more for the newest crackberry. I'm a first time user and I'm hooked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 01:37 PM
    It comes with the 4.6 OS which is said to be a big improvement. It also has a higher resolution screen which should be very attractive, and a new browser which is a huge plus. I think the 3G is one of the big drawing points, but seeing as how CDMA carriers already have it the bold can be seen as a bit underwhelming.

Coming from a GSM network, I can't wait
    06-05-08 04:28 PM
    I've got the 8330 from Sprint and I love it. Word is that the 9000/Bold will be released with GSM providers in July with CDMA releases to be only a month after.
    of course we all know that this is just a guess. Plus that doesn't really make sense. I mean it took 3 months (right?) for the curve to go from GSM to CDMA. PLUS if they waited, you might be able to get a 9199 or 9200 or whatever they'll call it for the new and improved bolds. Of course this is just a guess from all my observations on crackberry and other sites
    06-05-08 11:40 PM
    -----

GSM? CDMA? EVDO? So that means you like the Bold or not?

-----
    06-06-08 01:42 AM
    I mean it took 3 months (right?) for the curve to go from GSM to CDMA.
    Well the 8300 released May 2007, and the 8330 released this May. That's a year!!! I honestly do not see the 9000 making its way onto CDMA networks only a month after its GSM release, and of course this is all speculation/guess work.

I do like the 9000, like I said I'm a first time Blackberry user and I can already see myself getting the 9000.
    06-06-08 04:40 AM
    I will probably get the bold, I can't wait!
    But why would they name it "Bold"? Sounds like bbq sauce to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-08 05:29 AM
    They decided to name it bold because product testers kept calling the screen "brilliant" and "bold" due to its sharp, bright, vibrant colors. They didn't want to call it the brilliant, but the bold sort of stuck.

No one mentioned the fact that the bold also has a 600 mHz processor while previous blackberries were at 366 mHz. Sharper screen, better operating system and browser, faster more versatile internet access. Basically more of everything you like in your blackberry.

It should be out for verizon in mid january so I well be getting it then.
    09-17-08 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD