Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the ringer volume with the right side buttons while your on the home screen or any screen for that matter on the 8330? Also is there a way to make the 8330 ring and vibrate at the same time without it vibrating first and then ringing? Any info would be greatly appreciated. This seems like something so simple that it would be integrated on all new phones like the old nextels and such. I can't stand having to adjust profiles even though you can make it a few button strokes away.
    08-19-08 12:19 PM
    I have looked and looked for this as well. I finally just created a profile with everything I wanted...sort of like you mentioned above. I think that creating your own profiles is a really cool way to customize your phone. It seems like a pain when you first get started but once its up and running, you'll be glad you did. Then it's just a matter of tweaking the settings here and there until you get it just right.
    08-19-08 12:25 PM
    I can't believe no one has found a way to do this?
    08-20-08 10:27 AM
    To my knowledge, the only way to change ringer volume is by going into Profiles, Advanced, Edit, Volume (set to mute, low, medium, high, or escalating). And each Profile has a pre-set ringer volume.

For vibrate+ring:

VibAndRing - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    08-20-08 10:34 AM
    I can't believe no one has found a way to do this?
    there is no way to do it. only through profile editing as stated above.
    08-20-08 10:43 AM
    Two questions:
    1. Where is profiles? I looked on my curve and its not in options and not a menu option either.
    2. Does creating your own profile take programming or is it something can get be done easily on the phone itself?
    08-20-08 12:57 PM
    Two questions:
    1. Where is profiles? I looked on my curve and its not in options and not a menu option either.
    2. Does creating your own profile take programming or is it something can get be done easily on the phone itself?

profiles is an icon on the home screen

creating profiles is easy and is done on the phone itself
    08-20-08 01:00 PM
    Hmmm. Maybe Alltel phones don't have that Icon or maybe just mine doesn't have it. I looked through every icon and it's not there. Can't remember if it was on my OS when I had 4.3.0.124, but I doubt it. Any ideas on how to get to it without an Icon?
    08-20-08 01:38 PM
    OK so I'm done being stupid, yes I found profiles. Setting up a new profile as we speak. Thanks
    08-20-08 02:10 PM
    OK so I'm done being stupid, yes I found profiles. Setting up a new profile as we speak. Thanks
    Its hard to tell sometimes - a megaphone for ring volume? I guess it makes sense
    08-20-08 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD