I've been just fine & dandy with Curve #2 since getting it in August, having used Curve #1 from Dec 2008--July 2009. (Long story, don't ask.) I use AT&T and prepaid MEdia Net (always have). No problems with it at all, until around that same time that I got #2 when I went into the AT&T store to try out a Bold/9000 (I posted about it here, too).

Ever since, I've wanted one. Still, I stayed with my Curve/8310, as it did what I needed, was in great shape and I didn't want to spend the $150 or so I'd need to in order to move-up.

Last Thursday, I spotted a Craigslist ad with a Bold 9000 for only $80. At that price, I could upgrade for nothing; I could easily sell my Curve/8310 for that much without a problem. The Bold/9000 had a slight scratch, and that apparently was turning off buyers (it was there 4 good days or so with very few responses they tell me), which at 1st had me thinking "don't bother"--but I decided to try it out.

The scratch wasn't all that bad, in most lighting/angle situations you could barely see it. It reminded me a lot of Curve #1 which I got for cheap much the same way yet never had any real issues with the screen even though it wasn't "mint." So I popped in my SIM card and was delighted that Opera Mini/GMail/Google Maps installed just fine from the AT&T MEdia NEt browser (which looks WORLDS better on the Bold than the Curve) and then ran just fine on their own afterwards.

So I did it. My Curve/8310 is now retired--actually, some other "Bad Samaritan" is enjoying it, I took it to court the next day (last Friday 10-16-2009) as I was moving information over and still needed it for awhile, and I very stupidly left it there with my brains (and my MP3 player!). I called the lost-found today, they said they found a green rubber skin--with no phone in it.

That ticks me off, as I bought the Bold predicated on being able to sell the Curve for the same (or more). Still, for $80, you can't beat it. I have really enjoyed it since Thursday. (Also, luckily, SOME--though not all--of the information was saved as I had backed up to an .ipd file about 2 months before & hadn't added much.)

The Curve/8310 did a good job, really did, I'd still recommend it to anyone looking for a PDA/smartphone. But boy do I love this Bold/9000.
    10-19-09 01:42 PM
    Congrats on the "new" Bold.

Sorry to hear about your 8310 though.

By the way, there is a thread for posts like yours

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...t-here-260887/
    10-19-09 02:03 PM
    Congrats on the "new" Bold.

Sorry to hear about your 8310 though.

By the way, there is a thread for posts like yours

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...t-here-260887/
    Ok, I sit corrected (I'm sitting while typing this so how could I STAND corrected, haha) and posted there too, it's on p15.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD