So I just got a curve 8330 from a friend and had the service switched to it from my LG voyager today. Went to the Verizon store and they were unable to transfer my contacts. The guy told me that in options, because "wireless sync" says Not Available, he couldn't do it. I can't change that setting either.

Is he correct, or is there some other problem? Any ideas?

Thanks
    05-19-10 05:47 PM
    you could try refreshing your service books and you might get the option back
    05-19-10 05:51 PM
    how do I do that? I just updated the software via wireless update.
    05-19-10 05:52 PM
    options>advanced options>host routing table>click the blackberry menu button>and scroll up to register now.
    05-19-10 05:53 PM
    Still the same.....
    05-19-10 05:55 PM
    I don't have the desktop software. And I'm not sure if I have a cable for the LG. Yes, the contacts need to go from the LG Voyager to the Curve.
    05-19-10 05:57 PM
    sorry that didn't work... i went from a motorola VE240 to a blackberry they couldn't do anything for me either.... i sucked it up and entered them one by one by one.....(i know it sucks).... how many contacts do you have ?
    05-19-10 06:00 PM
    Probably 150 or so. I'm just wondering if what he told me was true, that the wireless sync saying 'not available' would keep him from doing the transfer? It wasn't actually wireless, he hooked it up to this little box with a cable from each phone to it.

?????
    05-19-10 06:02 PM
    they tried to do that for me to... but no go... so yeah i'm sure he wasn't BSing you....... though he could have been if he just didn't feel like doing it.. lol...
    05-21-10 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD