I just changed OS from 4.2 to 4.5 and the address book entries all take 2 lines. This is something I really don't like. With 4.2 the address book only used one line per entry.

How can I get my address book back to one line entries? There's no option for line like there are in the mail/sms folder settings.
    08-16-08 01:13 PM
    You may just want to restore your BB to the old OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by brian2309; 08-16-08 at 01:50 PM. Reason: none
    08-16-08 01:49 PM
    It's really looking like that's the only option. I've tried several themes, played with settings and messed with all kinds of things.

Video and voice recording

vs

1 line addresses

tough call!
    08-16-08 01:52 PM
    I run 4.5.0.66 and the only address that have 2 lines are contacts with business names. Is that what you are refering to or do ALL youe contacts double?

08-16-08 01:53 PM
    We've discussed that issue before, here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/add...ok-view-53362/

So far, nobody's come up with a solution other than going back to OS 4.2. I don't have 4.5 myself, so I can't investigate options.
    08-16-08 01:55 PM
    It's really looking like that's the only option. I've tried several themes, played with settings and messed with all kinds of things.

Video and voice recording

vs

1 line addresses

tough call!
    Well looks like its 2 against 1 guess who wins

08-16-08 01:59 PM
    All addresses are two lines, which means every other line is a blank for me.

Looks like this...
    Aaron Bloom

Aaron Chang

Aaron Rodgers

Abe Froman
    when I wished it would look like

Aaron Bloom
    Aaron Chang
    Aaron Rodgers
    Abe Forman
    I was thinking about switching back, but I was just now browsing around on my CB and noticed.... I have a pointer in my browser now!!

There's no way I'm giving up the browser pointer. It was the one really annoying thing about browsing with the BB.
    08-16-08 05:06 PM
    I have a hard time understanding why that is such a bad thing. It looks nice and spaced and clean now with company names below the contact. I hated has it was before with all the names crammed next to eachother and as you scrolled the list of contacts there additional numbers popping down and puching the other contacts off the screen.

That was my number one complaint with the old OS but hey that's just my opinion. I know it is frustrating when you get used to things looking and acting a certain way and then somebody goes off and changes things around when there was nothing wrong with it to begin with! So I respect your concern with the change but I PRAY that they don't change it back!

08-16-08 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD